Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said yes,awww

EHAsTwfX0AUetef.jpg
Given the smirk on his face what do you think the question was?

;)

Zinchenko was magnificent in the Ukraine v Portugal match. He ran the game from start to finish in central midfield. He seemed to be playing a box-to-box role. It really made me think that Pep needs to give him a proper chance in this position. He looked much more mobile than Gundogan and at times he was spraying passes around like KDB. I realise it was only one match but would love to hear what Ukraine fans think. I wonder what a Zin and Foden mildfield would look like. Worth a punt in the Carabao Cup game perhaps.
Our future midfield should be Zinny-Foden with Rodri anchoring them.

Zinchenko is perfect to play that in between role of playing defensive and offensive (box to box as you say), while Foden is the more clearly defined attacking midfielder.

Zinchenko is perfect to play that in between role of playing defensive and offensive (box to box as you say), while Foden is the more clearly defined attacking midfielder.
I hope he didn’t move box to box on his engagement night

I think he will be Rodri's understudy from next season, with the occasional game at LB.

I watched that whole game the other night. It was an intense physical battle against Portugal, the current champions of Europe with a line-up including Bernardo, Moutinho, Neves, Ronaldo, Jao Felix, Carvalho. I was stunned really to see how well Zinchenko performed. He dominated midfield and, aged 22, was the main leader for his team in front of a hysterical crowd in Kiev.
Given that we were taken apart by Wolves midfield last week it did make me wonder if he could have made a difference in that central area where Gundo and Rodri were totally overwhelmed. He must be given a chance in his proper position.

I watched that whole game the other night. It was an intense physical battle against Portugal, the current champions of Europe with a line-up including Bernardo, Moutinho, Neves, Ronaldo, Jao Felix, Carvalho. I was stunned really to see how well Zinchenko performed. He dominated midfield and, aged 22, was the main leader for his team in front of a hysterical crowd in Kiev.
Given that we were taken apart by Wolves midfield last week it did make me wonder if he could have made a difference in that central area where Gundo and Rodri were totally overwhelmed. He must be given a chance in his proper position.

I think with Rodri they can make a good duo. They can rotate going forward to link with Foden, although I see Zinchenko doing this more than Rodri, and are both still very young, only 22 I believe.

I'd like to see it tried atleast once, maybe in a champions league game or cup game to see if it makes sense in practice.

I think he will be Rodri's understudy from next season, with the occasional game at LB.
So I didn’t see the Portugal game but have seen him in a couple of other games for Ukraine and he looked excellent. If he is dominating internationals against opposition like Portugal surely he is worth a game in that position this season. Why not against Southampton in the Carabou cup? Midfield of Zin, Phil and Kev would look very tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.