Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us were calling for Zinc to be deployed in midfield several seasons ago,it never happened.....and there has been many an opportunity since.

I think its fair to say Pep does not think he can do a job for us there.
Naive hope from me. Because if he cannot go into midfield (which would be a nice depth thing with 4 cms) then it's likely he'll leave :S

Hope we haven’t set a fee for him there should be a bidding war not we set the fee for Zinchenko at 30m what we should be putting out there is City want 60m at least.

The key bit is Pep and Zin could do a job in Phillips role.
Exactly , Phillips is being brought in as a squad player and is never going to be first choice in the 6, he can also play as an 8 but probably not as well as Zin

keep Zin and save ourselves £50m

if we are that desperate for cover in the 6 then start to trust in Lavia

It’s simply not Peps’ view to play Zinchenko in midfield. And imho he plays in midfield more often than LB when we press opponents in their own half.

Pep surely knows the players’ quality in midfield as he knows where to play him in his own team to the strength of the player and the players around him.

Let’s be fair, a lot of comments on here are due to sympathise with the player and the situation in his homeland, and I gues not many have seen him play for Ukraine in midfield. In a very different system than City plays mind you.
Just look back to the comments before the war started. Not many were generous about the player.

I’ve always thought and still think very highly of Zinchenko. His technique is one of the best in the squad. He makes the left side tick. But when he plays LB it’s a different interpretation of 4-3-3 than when Cancelo does (and Cancelo has done extremely well).
I think with a CF back in the frontline Pep could well prefer Zinchenko to Cancelo at LB to get more width.

Exactly , Phillips is being brought in as a squad player and is never going to be first choice in the 6, he can also play as an 8 but probably not as well as Zin

So the best manager ever doesn’t know that Zinchenko can play in midfield? Do you think if Zinchenko could play that role that Rodri does he thinks Nahh let’s keep on the bench and only play him at left back? When you have the best coach and a player hasn’t played there you got ask yourself why? Is Pep blinkered!? Or does pep who has coached him for years know better?

I think this is not a bad shout. I am not convinced by Phillips and Oleks has the heart of a lion and is one of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.