Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s simply not Peps’ view to play Zinchenko in midfield. And imho he plays in midfield more often than LB when we press opponents in their own half.

Pep surely knows the players’ quality in midfield as he knows where to play him in his own team to the strength of the player and the players around him.

Let’s be fair, a lot of comments on here are due to sympathise with the player and the situation in his homeland, and I gues not many have seen him play for Ukraine in midfield. In a very different system than City plays mind you.
Just look back to the comments before the war started. Not many were generous about the player.

I’ve always thought and still think very highly of Zinchenko. His technique is one of the best in the squad. He makes the left side tick. But when he plays LB it’s a different interpretation of 4-3-3 than when Cancelo does (and Cancelo has done extremely well).
I think with a CF back in the frontline Pep could well prefer Zinchenko to Cancelo at LB to get more width.
I think I’d prefer Zinchenko at LB than Cancelo on showings since January.
Cancelo has raw talent undoubtedly but more often than not, no end product going forward.
Both get caught for pace defending when caught forward but overall I think Zinchenko has less unforced errors in him and puts the team play ahead of glory hunting every time.
They’ve both lost their man positionally in the last month, to our cost in matches, but in my opinion Zinchenko has been the more constructive.
He has made the left wing work better.

Zinchenko is in a group along with Bernardo & Mahrez who are mild mannered and won't kick a fuss if dropped to the bench. Pep after a fair while has seen the light with Bernardo although he still rarely gets to play his best position to accommodate others. If Phoden was Ukrainian and Zinchenko English I think he'd generally be considered the better footballer of the two. At 1.5m probably the best move we've made in the market since takeover, offloading him to make way for a future Barca player would be one of the worst.

Zinchenko is in a group along with Bernardo & Mahrez who are mild mannered and won't kick a fuss if dropped to the bench. Pep after a fair while has seen the light with Bernardo although he still rarely gets to play his best position to accommodate others. If Phoden was Ukrainian and Zinchenko English I think he'd generally be considered the better footballer of the two. At 1.5m probably the best move we've made in the market since takeover, offloading him to make way for a future Barca player would be one of the worst.
Have to disagree - no way in this world is Zinchenko anywhere near Fodens quality. IM sure Silva would be knocking on Peps door if dropped, not that mild mannered and think Mahrez to would kick up a fuss

Hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.