Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Fern gone Zinny would be a perfect Def CM back up and give Rodri some genuine competition. Our squad nedds a player like Vinny, hard working and not short of talent..opportunity to play in midfield (his natural position) as well as play some games at full back could see him play 35 plus games a year for us and be an important player ..he may only play 40 at spuds or Arsenal...hopewe can convince him to say...as well as Jesus
I don't think he would provide genuine competition for Rodri, he is a much different type of player. He is predominantly left footed and would I think be much more comfortable as an attack minded left midfielder, a position he quite often appears in when Walker is at right back and playing a more conservative role than Cancelo does at RB.

I guess the pertinent question is who you’d sell, Zinchenko or Cancelo?
Neither. We lose/lost Mendy and are left with Walker, Cancelo, Cucurello (if signed) and Zinchenko, back to 4 fullbacks, sell either and we need to buy another top quality left or right back to maintain the squad balance, probably expensive.

Neither. We lose/lost Mendy and are left with Walker, Cancelo, Cucurello (if signed) and Zinchenko, back to 4 fullbacks, sell either and we need to buy another top quality left or right back to maintain the squad balance, probably expensive.
Yeah, maybe. Cancelo was overworked last season.

Maybe a question for next summer.

We have the thinnest squad in the league, but people are talking about who would we sell :) Don't blame City if we will not win quadruple because of the thinnest squad in the league ;) Let's imagine next game against Real without any fullbacks.

We have the thinnest squad in the league, but people are talking about who would we sell :) Don't blame City if we will not win quadruple because of the thinnest squad in the league ;) Let's imagine next game against Real without any fullbacks.
City can sign like 3-4 players without anyone leaving.

Cancelo cannot play 30 + games at RB and 30 + games at LB and neither Cancelo or Cucurella or Walker are going to play much more than 35 games each anywhere, so if Cancelo is sharing RB duties with Walker and LB duties with Cucurella and Zinny is only third choice LB we now need a RB of the highest quality to step in for Walker, capable of playing minimum 30 + games. How much will it cost for a RB good enough to restrict Zinny to a mere covering role ? £ 40/60 million ? , who do you have in mind to restore us to 2 RBs and 2 LBs of variable capabilities but equal importance for maximum rotation efficiency. Cucurella will replace Mendy, so you want another to play RB if Cancelo goes to LB. Who ?
Obviously we need a right back, Walker is not going to last forever, we need a back up but it does not have to be of the highest quality, it just needs to keep Walker on his toes, Spence has that ability.

Cancelo was great on the right the season before this one. I think he will be moved back there once we get a proper left back which will then free up Foden/Grealish to play more centrally coming in from the left which is a space that is currently occupied by Cancelo when he cuts in onto his right.

Even if not and Zinchy is pushed down to third in the pecking order there will be games that will be more suited to his particular skill set and he will offer us an additional, left-footed option.

As skeptical as I am about Pep actually making subs I think there will also be increased rotation with 5 subs being available.
Cancelo`s best performances have been on the left, all but one have been better than his performances on the right, where an aging Walker has kept him out.

Cancelo is not a better left back, and Zinchenko is not really a left back either, both play predominantly in midfield when "nominated" left back.

It's how Pep wants our team, if you can't see it you should give up.
Okay i will make it simple for you, Cancelo plays better on the left, he is Better than Cucurella, and better than Zinchenko on the left, if you can not see that you should give up, because just about everybody else can.

Cancelo`s best performances have been on the left, all but one have been better than his performances on the right, where an aging Walker has kept him out.
This season just gone where he has been mainly deployed on the left, yes. Season before that I felt he was wasted on the left and much better on the right. He’s still a right back and I think we will see him slot back in there if/when we get a natural LB.

Okay i will make it simple for you, Cancelo plays better on the left, he is Better than Cucurella, and better than Zinchenko on the left, if you can not see that you should give up, because just about everybody else can.
Let’s see how you think at Xmas if we sign Cucurella.

Your memory might be jogged as to what a left back actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.