Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I want Oleks to stay; he is a smashing bloke (I’ve met him a couple of times and he is as approachable and decent as he seems), a great ambassador for our club, and always gives everything. It’s also fair to see that he was a huge part of our second half renaissance against villa. But on the other hand is he good enough to be our starting left back, left winger/mid or midfielder, no, not in my opinion. I think that makes him a fantastic squad player and a brilliant bloke to have around. I doubt we are looking to move him on, but it’s not unrealistic to assume he may want to secure more regular football, and Pep has always been open about not standing in a player’s way should he wish to move in. So hopefully he stays but it’s understandable if he decides to move on and he would be badly missed in several levels, but probably not as a guaranteed regular starter.

This "he gets us" thing only exists in the heads of some of us fans.
These are professional footballers, the only thing they get is what is best for their careers and bank balances.
We've seen plenty of examples of this down the years.
Exactly.

I'm going to make a prediction.

- We sell Zinchenko and buy Cucurella.

- Cucurella and Walker establish themselves as the overwhelming first choice fullback pair.

- Cancelo starts sulking again and asks to leave for Real Madrid (who desperately need a new RB) in 2023.

- We're left with a hole in the squad that'll cost £40m to fill watching Zinchenko flourish at Arsenal and wondering why we let go of a player who is so dedicated and loves the club.
This. Wouldn`t sell Zinchenko no matter what. Love the guy to bits

This would upset me way more than Gabby and Raz tbh. Probably he wants more game time and understandably so but he should be able to get it with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.