Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely did not confirm your misinformation.

Zinchenko was not a fullback in 2017 and anyone claiming he was is just lying, stupid or has an awful memory. Neither was Delph - everyone knows this. Same goes for the following season.

Once Zinchenko had been established as a left back we technically had 4. Mendy, though, was not functional. Which is what you said. Zinchenko was still a makeshift so we really only had 2 natural and functional fullbacks.

It’s also 4 years. Not 2. Read the numbers.
But Pep wasn't playing them anywhere else so regardless of natural, functional, makeshift or whatever they were 2 of the 4 FBs on the team...

Got a feeling when push comes to shove zinchenko won’t go through with the move. He has worked too hard to give up on champions league football and the bond he has with the club will prove to be too strong

Why is he doing promotion if he is leaving?

I’m not sure we can read too much into this - Zin is such a professional, clearly loves the fan engagement side of the job, and whatever happens will always have an excellent relationship with our club and it’s fans.

He’s not the type to sulk or refuse to engage just because he’s negotiating a transfer.

It seems we want to get our replacement sorted before we let him go, and I’d fully expect him to be 100% professional and committed with us until the moment he leaves.

It’s a mark of his character.

Got a feeling when push comes to shove zinchenko won’t go through with the move. He has worked too hard to give up on champions league football and the bond he has with the club will prove to be too strong
I had doubts that Ake would go in the end, Zinchenko could be the same.

Ake's case. Strange transfer window. After this interview, I'm pretty sure he will stay. Anyway, we still need a left-back. Status quo.

I’m the opposite but I hope he stays and we get Cuc. If the clubs have agreed,and he wants to go, Arsenal will not be offering him less than City It will just be a case of getting as good a deal as he can. Strange though as personal stuff usually comes first.
For me, Zinchenko is a good servant, but not good enough to be a long-term solution as a left-back. We need a natural left-back and we have not signed a proper one even since Kolarov. It took us too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.