Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 men for a typical 25 man squad seems pretty small.

I know we don't always fill the full squad but we usually go with at least 22 including CT players and excluding kids. As we did last season too, at least started that way.

Open to the idea of us going with a smaller squad. Argue quality over quantity too, but lets please stop pretending it is anything other than a small squad. Particularly when including multiple players that are down for 2 positions.

Pep and the club used to openly say '2 players for every position', not sure when it became 1 player for 2 positions myself, but in a couple areas that is currently the case.

All that said, FB is the only one that I see as a bit of biggie, personally. If we had kids with the promise (and it IS just promise) of Palmer or McAtee, might feel different.
The problem with a squad that's larger is, as we're all aware, keeping people happy.

Of course, next year we can use 5 subs, but its not like Pep uses them all even with 3 as I suspect that he doesnt like to over-disrupt the dynamic.

That is a huge credit to the club imo.

Secured all our main targets. Sold players on quickly for decent value. Extended a few key contracts. Sold on a bunch of academy players. Leaves only 1 player going into the season with only 1 year left on contract. Plenty of money in, room in the squad, just any surprise outgoings to deal with now (don't think zinch is a surprise as such).

So naturally, fuck all for us punters to argue about other than how many FBs do we 'need', is Palmer better than Messi, what do ItKs K, and what would we do with a problem like Neymar.

Happy days, all said.
Pep will probably be more concerned that 4 players couldn’t go on tour.

The problem with a squad that's larger is, as we're all aware, keeping people happy.

Of course, next year we can use 5 subs, but its not like Pep uses them all even with 3 as I suspect that he doesnt like to over-disrupt the dynamic.
It’s a balancing act too far one way and you have moaning players too far the other and you win nothing.

The 5 subs to me is a bit of a double edge. On the one hand, allows the opportunity to give players more appearances and manage the squad and fatigue better.

On the other, it will amplify the frustrations of not getting minutes I think.

New one for all. Could be a reason why Pep is seemingly prepared to (if indeed he is), go with a smaller squad this year.

Gut feeling he will stay and we will not buy any left-back

I’m the opposite but I hope he stays and we get Cuc. If the clubs have agreed,and he wants to go, Arsenal will not be offering him less than City It will just be a case of getting as good a deal as he can. Strange though as personal stuff usually comes first.

Last edited:
I’m the opposite but I hope he stays and we get Cuc. If the clubs have agreed,and he wants to go, Arsenal will not be offering him less than City It will just be a case of getting as good a deal as he can. Strange though as personal stuff usually comes first.

He should make the most of the opportunity if he's going there.

I hope he rinses them personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.