Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the guy but if we sign Cucurella, where and when is Zin getting a game?!

We play a lot of games across all competitions in any successful season.

It’s unrealistic to expect Cucurella to play every game, so Zin will play plenty.

He’s never exactly been first choice here anyway, and has seemed happy enough over the last five years.

He may decide enough is enough, in which case we shouldn’t stand in his way - but I still think losing him would be a mistake.

It’s unrealistic to expect Cucurella to play every game, so Zin will play plenty.

He’s never exactly been first choice here anyway, and has seemed happy enough over the last five years.

He may decide enough is enough, in which case we shouldn’t stand in his way - but I still think losing him would be a mistake.
Cucurella wouldn’t play every game, Cancelo is there.
Zin would effectively be our 3rd choice LB, IF it’s true he’s been offered first team football and possibly midfield, can’t blame him wanting a move.

City have Couto and Kabore breaking through, and should be a part of preseason. Cancelo Cucu left, Walker and Kabo/Couto and Cancelo on the right. Perhaps?

City have Couto and Kabore breaking through, and should be a part of preseason. Cancelo Cucu left, Walker and Kabo/Couto and Cancelo on the right. Perhaps?

Cancelo is a right back filling in on the left though - his need to cut in all the time causes us problems which the best teams find it very easy to exploit.

And Kabore and Couto both scream CFG signings to me. I’d be surprised if either of them ever make a first team appearance for us.

Particularly considering they’ve got both Walker and Cancelo ahead of them.

Cancelo is a right back filling in on the left though - his need to cut in all the time causes us problems which the best teams find it very easy to exploit.

And Kabore and Coutinho both scream CFG signings to me. I’d be surprised if either of them ever make a first team appearance for us.

Agree, I don’t see Couto playing for City in the near future what I’ve seen, hope I’m wrong.

I don’t understand why some say we’d need to replace Zin if Cucurella signs, doesn’t make sense.
Because going in to 4 competitions playing twice a week with only 3 FBs in the squad makes us very vulnerable to injuries. We started last season with Walker, Cancelo, Zinchenko & Mendy. If we sell Zinchenko we have lost 2 of them, just signing Cucurella means we would still be one player short.

And Kabore and Couto both scream CFG signings to me. I’d be surprised if either of them ever make a first team appearance for us.

Fair but if they are thin in the fullback slot, if Zinny goes to Arsenal, then having either of those young lads as 4th choice would be nice. C-J would work

Because going in to 4 competitions playing twice a week with only 3 FBs in the squad makes us very vulnerable to injuries. We started last season with Walker, Cancelo, Zinchenko & Mendy. If we sell Zinchenko we have lost 2 of them, just signing Cucurella means we would still be one player short.
We still have Ake who can cover. Ideally perhaps another FB, just don’t think it’s essential (if Cucurella in / Zin out).

He is, but in a weird way his right footedness adds something to his play at left back. IN most of our games he is effectively an extra midfielder so it’s pretty much an inverted winger situation.

also, Walker is undroppable so cancelo needs games at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.