Oliver Holt (Mirror) hates Nani

Nani is not my favourite person to put it nicely but Holt goes over the top, I can't stand him after the hatchet job he did on City and Sheik Mansour I take no pleasure in seeing his bile written about anyone, even Nani. He is a nobody who tries to belittle others to make himself feel important.

NQblue said:
Damocles said:
What a fucking ..... self-important wanker.

Wow Damo that was very passionate. He obviously failed his English Language O level at Kings School Macc and that's why he isn't any more up the food chain than the Mirror.

I just get sick of people like him in our media. He seems to know fuck all about football or the way that the game is played, and his entire contribution to human society is writing sniping pieces on people he doesn't know who play a sport that he doesn't understand.

I'm not usually one to defend Nani, but you have to give credit where it is due to players, otherwise you're just a biased prick who shouldn't be talking football anywhere. We can hate Nani for diving, but saying that he shouldn't be voted towards an award because of this is defiantly stupid.

Damocles said:
NQblue said:
Wow Damo that was very passionate. He obviously failed his English Language O level at Kings School Macc and that's why he isn't any more up the food chain than the Mirror.

I just get sick of people like him in our media. He seems to know fuck all about football or the way that the game is played, and his entire contribution to human society is writing sniping pieces on people he doesn't know who play a sport that he doesn't understand.

I'm not usually one to defend Nani, but you have to give credit where it is due to players, otherwise you're just a biased prick who shouldn't be talking football anywhere. We can hate Nani for diving, but saying that he shouldn't be voted towards an award because of this is defiantly stupid.

I have to disagree with anybody who says he isn't a great football journalist. (No, this isn't some April fool's nonesense) He is far, far better at his job than any on here could be.

Stop to think for a minute.
He is employed by something which calls itself a newspaper, but really is an opinion driven gossip/'infotainment' rag. He has you all discussing his comments. Job done.

For all I know he doesn't even believe what he writes. And throwing JT into the list, pure class. He's very good at his job.

I stopped reading the tabloids, listening to talk shows etc and, although it took a while to de-tox and feel clean again, I can now see all this shit for what it is. Maybe I should start a self-help group?

Bullshit. He's not a "great football journalist" at all. You've clarified that yourself with the rest of your post. Anybody can stir up a few emotions by writing a piece of misinformed bollocks. Just because people talk about it doesn't make it good.

People get annoyed by Piers Morgans rubbish football articles and they talk about them. Doesn't make him a good football journalist, it makes him a cock who abuses his position to wind people up and bring down the national I.Q average a few points in the process. See Jeremy Kyle.

Football journalism shouldn't be about wild speculation. It's that speculation which lead to the Sun being banned from Sunderland today. Journalism is about collecting news. News is factual. Saying he's not top 20 because I do not like him is not news. It's barely an opinion. He probably hates Silva too. All this tippy tappy bollocks, twat it up the field like our Carragher!!

Squatter said:
Bullshit. He's not a "great football journalist" at all. You've clarified that yourself with the rest of your post. Anybody can stir up a few emotions by writing a piece of misinformed bollocks. Just because people talk about it doesn't make it good.

People get annoyed by Pierce Morgans rubbish football articles and they talk about them. Doesn't make him a good football journalist, it makes him a cock who abuses his position to wind people up and bring down the national I.Q average a few points in the process. See Jeremy Kyle.

I take your point that indirectly saying he's a great football journalist is wrong because he isn't. But that seems to have stopped you seeing what I am saying. I'll give it another go.

His job isn't a footie journalist. That's not how the Mirror, or the other tabloids, make their money. Jeremy Kyle is a good analogy. Kyle isn't a therapist, he's a shit stirring presenter for voyeurs. Holt is the 'football journalist' equivelant. And he's good atthat. Tabloids use the fact that people think the tabloids must be trying to present some kind of informed analysis to dupe them into buying the more profitable shit they peddle instead.

That's the issue here. The posters on this thread have assumed his article is his analysis wrapped up in comment. I think it's a work of fiction which he may not even believe himself! Nice work if you can get it.

Squatter said:

People get annoyed by Piers Morgans rubbish football articles and they talk about them. Doesn't make him a good football journalist, it makes him a cock who abuses his position to wind people up and bring down the national I.Q average a few points in the process. See Jeremy Kyle.

Football journalism shouldn't be about wild speculation. It's that speculation which lead to the Sun being banned from Sunderland today. Journalism is about collecting news. News is factual. Saying he's not top 20 because I do not like him is not news. It's barely an opinion. He probably hates Silva too. All this tippy tappy bollocks, twat it up the field like our Carragher!!

Haha I agree.

He is good at one thing mind, being a complete and utter tool.
So what if he gets talked about? That girl who sings that god awful 'Friday' song is the prime example. She is shit at what she does but is all over the radio and the Internet purely because of this. Dont think she was looking for fame and fortune for being renound as a horrible singer? And I don't think it's the same for him.. (could be wrong mind?)

Now that take's shit journalism to a new level even for the mirror.
How do these wankers get paid to write such crap.

If was as bad at my job as he is at his I would be sacked on the spot.

Damo, you are absolutely spot-on about Holt's bullet-point style of writing mate.

Its something thats driven me mad for ages! He's a one-trick pony who writes in the very annoying manner of going around the houses with related, short observations before finally settling on the subject matter at hand.

Agree with everything he says. And it makes it even more sweeter that Damocles doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.