Oliver Holt - Why Manchester City has lost its soul...

BobKowalski said:
Well I suggest that Oliver has a chat to Moyes about Hughes 'quiet dignified style' when it came to 'vulgar' transfer dealings :)

I will say it again. Sheikh Mansour has spent half a billion pounds in 16 months in purchasing the club and funding transfers. This I think entitles hm to finally put a man of his choosing in charge of the football team. I stress again that this is his first managerial decision in his ownership of the club in 16 months. Not his second or tenth but first. I am continually astonished that people are incensed that after spending half a billion pounds they begrudge Shiek Mansour wanting to put his man in charge of the football team.

They found Hughes wanting after observing him in charge for 16 months and made a decision. I can accept that people disagree with the Sheikh's decision or even the ruthless manner in which it was done but all this angst and emotional stress amongst the fans and the media is borderline insanity.

The only person who behaved like a twat in the Lescott deal was Moyes himself. Back in July and weeks before Hughes was villified by the press for saying we needed to speak to the people who matter at Everton (that was mid-late August), Moyes was the one who went to the press spouting shit about our club lacking respect in the transfer market and making the absolutely laughable claim that at least Chelsea do their business the right way. That's right - the same Chelsea that was involved in one of the highest profile tapping-up sagas of all time when trying to poach Ashley Cole from Arsenal. The same Chelsea that was involved in the Jon Obi Mikel and Gael Kakuta scandals. And all this was being said because we'd dared to put in an official bid for Lescott which is our right - it's called transfer business ffs.

Fast forward a few weeks and we've got Moyes moaning like fuck that his player isn't for sale yet at the same time saying we hadn't put in a big enough bid. In other words, he was for sale at the right price. Then you had those mad-arsed dewy-eyed statements that these things should be discussed between managers over a drink after the game. What a fucking pile of shit - most transfers are conducted at boardroom level these days and Moyes knows it. All Hughes was alluding to was regardless of whether Moyes has the final say-so or not on transfers, the original contact would be made through one of their board members, probably Kenwright. It was never meant as a dig at Moyes which is a shame because I really wished Hughes had gone for the fucking jugular following Moyes' despicable comments a few weeks earlier.

Now we have the unbelievable situation where some of our fans are criticising Hughes' behaviour during the Lescott transfer when back in the summer I don't recall anyone on here slating Hughes yet everyone was having a pop at Moyes. There are plenty of justifiable things to pull Hughes up on during his stay with us but no way is this one of them. However, we've got antagonistic, confrontational fucktards such as JohnMaddocksAxe who have used this incident to beef up their own agenda against Hughes.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Dave S said:
One thing Holt conveniently forgets to mention is that City, under Mark Hughes, were woeful! The defence was leaking goals like a culendar, whilst the team overall were bobbins to watch,
This is MANCHESTER City not York City. There were no shortage of excitement if not always for the right reasons. When we were going forward we were often magnificent.

Give me a mistake-strewn 4-3 anyday over a sterile defensive 1-0.

If Hughes sent his teams out with a Keegan-esque "We'll score one more than you" philsophy I would tend to agree with you, but the crux of it is Hughes's side was leaking goals despite him trying to make us difficult to play against.

Bar the Fulham cup game, I can't remember the last dull game at Eastlands. I don't disagree that we've been spoilt for entertainment over the last couple of seasons at home. However, this still doesn't mean that Hughes was getting it right.

If Mancini sorts out our defence we'll be great going forward and great at the back. Give me a 4-0 over a 4-3 any day of the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.