Olivier Ntcham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that's a very generous inclusion. I'm guessing the person has literally scoured the top leagues for anyone doing half decent and Ntcham certainly was at the start of the season but he's tailed off. I'd not have him in the top ten teenagers at City, never mind the world. Still a good players though and he might do it, but long way to go :)
What would be your top ten teenagers at city ?

@twosips I think you need to do a "my top ten prospects" and get it pinned to the top of the EDS forum you're asked it so bloody often haha!

I'm used to it now :) .....and every time i refuse to do it! Don't really think its fair on the young lads to order them personally. I can't do it anyway. Too many!

What would be your top ten teenagers at city ?
You could maybe make a 'best' starting eleven for the U21's (a lot of them are still teenagers don't forget) with a bit of argument over some positions. For the U18's it would be a lot harder to do, for the U16's you can easily make up two separate starting elevens and not be able to split them.

Since this U16's generation are the record setting U14's from 2 years ago and the present U14's (and under) are still hammering everybody they come up against I can only try to imagine the level and sheer quantity of talent at the academy.

You could maybe make a 'best' starting eleven for the U21's (a lot of them are still teenagers don't forget) with a bit of argument over some positions. For the U18's it would be a lot harder to do, for the U16's you can easily make up two separate starting elevens and not be able to split them.

Since this U16's generation are the record setting U14's from 2 years ago and the present U14's (and under) are still hammering everybody they come up against I can only try to imagine the level and sheer quantity of talent at the academy.
Great to hear this indeed.
How has this happened really ? Is it just that city has bought lot of quality youngsters from around everywhere or is it that great coaching facilities has helped unlock potential of a lot of young lads or a mere coincidence ?

Great to hear this indeed.
How has this happened really ? Is it just that city has bought lot of quality youngsters from around everywhere or is it that great coaching facilities has helped unlock potential of a lot of young lads or a mere coincidence ?
It's certainly not a lucky coincidence, the Sheikh (or more possibly Khaldoon) don't leave things to chance. It's the result of (at least) 8 years of planning, creating the best training facilities with the best coaches and attracting the best young players. They're then all schooled in the same way and method of playing from the very youngest ages. Obviously you can't 'buy' the kids, but it's no surprise whatsoever that United players have and still do send their kids to City.

I'm not sure that with the facilities that City have splurged out on that it would be possible to fail. It's all just meticulous planning perfectly executed. You really do have to admire the people at the top.

It's certainly not a lucky coincidence, the Sheikh (or more possibly Khaldoon) don't leave things to chance. It's the result of (at least) 8 years of planning, creating the best training facilities with the best coaches and attracting the best young players. They're then all schooled in the same way and method of playing from the very youngest ages. Obviously you can't 'buy' the kids, but it's no surprise whatsoever that United players have and still do send their kids to City.

I'm not sure that with the facilities that City have splurged out on that it would be possible to fail. It's all just meticulous planning perfectly executed. You really do have to admire the people at the top.
Thanks.
Hopefully one day we see a squad with 5-6 club trained players and some youngsters around the periphery of squad.

Thanks.
Hopefully one day we see a squad with 5-6 club trained players and some youngsters around the periphery of squad.

I think that's easy enough as we would have that now if Pep had been here for 3 years imo. We could have several homegrown players in the current setup without having to drop a single player from the Champs League squad,registered as U21s but we have sent the most mature of them all away instead.

The 'squad' thing is nailed on simple imo, but the stated aim from Khaldoon & echoed by Kompany, is to have a core of the first team built from homegrown players & they were talking about 'local' players too.

That's a lot tougher, but I wouldn't back against them doing it in a few years.

I think that's easy enough as we would have that now if Pep had been here for 3 years imo. We could have several homegrown players in the current setup without having to drop a single player from the Champs League squad,registered as U21s but we have sent the most mature of them all away instead.

The 'squad' thing is nailed on simple imo, but the stated aim from Khaldoon & echoed by Kompany, is to have a core of the first team built from homegrown players & they were talking about 'local' players too.

That's a lot tougher, but I wouldn't back against them doing it in a few years.
If you look at how quickly we've been established as a top European club - 7/8 years on from the takeover we've signed the most sought after manager on the planet - then we could easily have two or three Mancs at least regularly making the matchday squads within 5 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.