Omar Abdulrahman

Just read from twitter that Mancini asked for a report about Omar and in it they mentioned:" He is a good player and extremely smart, but needs time to settle and more practicing" (Translated from Arabic)

Al Ain's Abdulrahman has premier chance to impress at Manchester City

Al Ain would be prepared to open talks with Manchester City over Omar Abdulrahman should the young midfielder make the grade during a two-week trial with the English Premier League champions.

The 20 year old was invited to Manchester after his impressive displays for the UAE Under 23 team at the London Olympics and has been taking part at the club's Carrington Training Centre where world stars such as Carlos Tevez, Yaya Toure and Mario Balotelli hone their skills.

"He was called up for two weeks and if they have an interest in him then the club management will take the step to start the next round of talks," an official from Al Ain said yesterday.

But it will not be easy for the diminutive playmaker to make the breakthrough into Roberto Mancini's side.

"He was the most outstanding player in the Pro League and playing at the London Olympics he got noticed by some of the major European clubs," Kefah Al Kaabi, a former UAE top-flight player and television pundit, said.

"He has only a very slim chance of playing in the Premier League because of their stringent rules on overseas players as well as trying to find a place in the City squad.

"But the important thing here is that he has got a break and the opportunity to play with some of the first-team players at City. He would certainly benefit from the experience."

At the Olympics the creative midfielder provided the passes that led to both the UAE goals in their 2-1 defeat to Uruguay and 3-1 loss to Great Britain.

Al Kaabi believes Abdulrahman has more chance of playing in one of the elite leagues than Hamdan Al Kamali, the UAE Olympic team captain and Al Wahda defender who spent six months on loan at Lyon, the top-flight French club.

"Omar is the most outstanding talent to emerge in recent times and I feel he stands a better chance to play in Europe than Hamdan," he said.

"I would like to think he gets the opportunity to play in Europe, if not now, even later."

Abdulrahman spent most of the first half of the season recovering from knee surgery.

He returned to action in the second half of the campaign and has impressed both for his club and country, since then.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/al-ains-abdulrahman-has-premier-chance-to-impress-at-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thenational.ae/sport/footbal ... ester-city</a>

Al Habsi urges Abdulrahman to turn down EPL... for now

Ali Al Habsi says Omar Abdulrahman and the cream of Middle East football talent should look to ply their trade in other European leagues before trying to crack the English Premier League.

The Oman keeper, the only Gulf player in English football’s top flight as he stars for Wigan Athletic, spent three years in Norway with Lyn Oslo before joining Bolton in 2006.

Al Habsi believes the move helped him gain essential experience, and meet criteria for a UK work permit, so he could show the talent that has made him the No1 at the DW Stadium.

And he hopes players such as Al Ain midfielder Abdulrahman, who has spent this week training with Manchester City after impressing in the Olympic football tournament with the UAE, can enjoy a similar path to success.

“I know Omar and he’s a great player and I wish him all the luck,” said Al Habsi, 30. “Everyone asks me, when I go to Oman, UAE or Saudi Arabia, about who is going to be the next Gulf player to play in the Premier League.

“What I would love to see is one, five or 10 players from the Middle East to play in the Premier League. That is my dream. I know there are many talented players in the Middle East and they need a chance to play and to show what they can do.

“But we also have to be fair and you have to understand how difficult it is to get in this league. To get the work permit in the UK is so difficult, especially from the countries in the Gulf [when their FIFA ranking is not as high]. It’s not about the talent or whether the club want you or not, it’s the rules in this country.

“I had to go to Norway to learn and qualify for the work permit. Any player from the Middle East has to go to Europe for two or three years to do the same in a different league, to get the experience, and then come here to play in the Premier League. It is not easy to succeed in this league and you have to be ready.”

With his commitments at Wigan as they prepare for the start of the season, Al Habsi was only able to watch the UAE’s 3-1 defeat to Team GB in the Olympics. Mahdi Ali’s side only picked up a point in the group stage following a 1-1 draw with Senegal, but left with much admiration after confident and classy displays against the host nation and Uruguay, who overturned a 1-0 deficit for a 2-1 win.

Al Habsi had been hoping to play in the tournament himself as an overage player for Oman, but they fell at the final pre-finals hurdle with a play-off defeat to Senegal. “We have to be proud of our teams,” he added. “The important thing for countries like UAE and Oman is to get the experience at this level and go forward in the future.

“I saw the UAE game against Team GB, and they did well and had a great experience and I would love to see them grow. The same goes for Oman. We came so close, and you saw how good Senegal were in the tournament. They have strong players and had some great games.”

He din't do anything at the match against TNS last week. Bob was there with Platty and Viera. Don't think he did enough to warrant a contract.

CheadleBlue said:
He din't do anything at the match against TNS last week. Bob was there with Platty and Viera. Don't think he did enough to warrant a contract.

Seriously??

His first game in a new country/enviroment,probably unable to effectively communicate,while playing alongside a team made up of youngsters and other trialists,and you'd decide if a contract was deserved based on that?

FantasyIreland said:
CheadleBlue said:

Seriously??

His first game in a new country/enviroment,probably unable to effectively communicate,while playing alongside a team made up of youngsters and other trialists,and you'd decide if a contract was deserved based on that?

I find it hard to see how any player could warrant a contract based on a 1-2 week trial like they all seem to be. You would really have to make an impression in that time in order to catch attention.

MrJOSEPH99 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Playing tonight against Colwyn Bay

so what happened? did he play? how was he?

Don't know how he played but City were 2-0 down when they took him and six others off, and came back to win 4-3 in the second half. The academy/reserves Tweeter said:

2-0 at half time and it could have been five the way #MCFC have played

Of course that says nothing about Omar but sounds like no one was standing out before the changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.