Omar Abdulrahman

Sleeping_Easy said:
taconinja said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
I reckon the owners might still want us to look to this lad.

What better way to promote the UAE, and he's a talented player.
Also we're not really going for the superstar names at the moment. They look to be quality, but they're not the names that get the tabloids going.

I think if we were to sign him then the press would spin it a negative way.

"Owner forces UAE player on pelligrini..."

Exactly - what's better PR - having a team full of good players winning trophies & high profile matches or having a half baked UAE player in your team?

I honestly think that Omar is the best player from the UAE since Ismail Mattar and before that Adnan Al Talyani.

I'm not being biased when I say that he really is a top talent. Whether he plays for Manchester City is a big step though, but he is perfectly capable. He has great vision and is very good at dribbling at passing in small spaces. The only concern is he had a couple of serious injuries and perhaps his fitness in terms of running as the UAE pro league is very laid back.

I think he had a trial and nothing was said after that so I'm not sure what happened. With the right amount of development he could be as good as the likes of Bernard, Thiago and Isco...

Saif1994 said:
I honestly think that Omar is the best player from the UAE since Ismail Mattar and before that Adnan Al Talyani.

I'm not being biased when I say that he really is a top talent. Whether he plays for Manchester City is a big step though, but he is perfectly capable. He has great vision and is very good at dribbling at passing in small spaces. The only concern is he had a couple of serious injuries and perhaps his fitness in terms of running as the UAE pro league is very laid back.

I think he had a trial and nothing was said after that so I'm not sure what happened. With the right amount of development he could be as good as the likes of Bernard, Thiago and Isco...[/quote

Inteersting news that his club are loaning him to blackburn what about work permit issue that we encountered?

birchwoodgingerste said:
Saif1994 said:

I think he had a trial and nothing was said after that so I'm not sure what happened. With the right amount of development he could be as good as the likes of Bernard, Thiago and Isco...[/quote

Inteersting news that his club are loaning him to blackburn what about work permit issue that we encountered?
As I said earlier blackburn are loaning a different player.

bluesmith said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
Saif1994 said:

As I said earlier blackburn are loaning a different player.
yeh near identicle name

Middle Eastern/North African wonderkid, surely? And anyway, how would Arsenal get a work permit when we couldn't?

Arsenal are reportedly ready to battle Manchester City for the signature of Asian wonderkid Omar Abdulrahman.

Spanish giants Barcelona are also said to be interested in the 21-year-old, who helped United Arab Emirates to Gulf Cup glory this year.

According to the Express, City were close to singing Abdulrahman a year ago but were thwarted by work permit issues, and will now face competition from the Gunners as well as Barca.

His club Al Ain, have confirmed that they have received bids for the youngster.

"Omar has received many offers to move," said their manager Mohammed Obeid.

"We have studied them and discussed them all, but the final decision will be taken by the club's management."

Abdulrahman won player of the tournament at the Gulf Cup this year, after impressing at the London Olympics last summer.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...to-battle-city-for-asian-wonderkid_95138.html

unexpected item said:
Middle Eastern/North African wonderkid, surely? And anyway, how would Arsenal get a work permit when we couldn't?

Arsenal are reportedly ready to battle Manchester City for the signature of Asian wonderkid Omar Abdulrahman.

Spanish giants Barcelona are also said to be interested in the 21-year-old, who helped United Arab Emirates to Gulf Cup glory this year.

According to the Express, City were close to singing Abdulrahman a year ago but were thwarted by work permit issues, and will now face competition from the Gunners as well as Barca.

"We have studied them and discussed them all, but the final decision will be taken by the club's management."

Abdulrahman won player of the tournament at the Gulf Cup this year, after impressing at the London Olympics last summer.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...to-battle-city-for-asian-wonderkid_95138.html
Love to get him. He's got that mystique about him IMO that kinky had.

TonyM said:
unexpected item said:

Love to get him. He's got that mystique about him IMO that kinky had.
his knees are a problem

Nothing to lose signing this guy up he left an impression on me last pre-season looks a very tidy player. Is it issues granting his permit we're having?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.