Omar Abdulrahman

UAE's Omar Abdulrahman kicks off Manchester City trial

I didn't actually see this fella play in the Olympics, but by all accounts he's been one of the stand out performers in the tournament so far..........

08-omar-crop.jpg

http://www.sport360.com/article/uaes-omar-abdulrahman-kicks-manchester-city-trial

UAE Olympic star Omar Abdulrahman arrived back in the UK on Tuesday and immediately began a five-day trial with Premier League champions Manchester City.

The diminutive playmaker, who starred for the UAE in their recent outing at London 2012, flew to Manchester late on Monday night ahead of the audition, which Sport360° understands can be extended if he impresses.

And there was no rest for the rising star as he was put through his paces alongside City stars including Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez as the first team returned to training at Carrington following a pre-season tour of Europe and the Far East.

Indeed, while Al Ain, Abdulrahman’s current club, and City remained tight-lipped on the trial the player was visible to eagle-eyed fans on an image of the session on the Manchester club’s official website.

On Monday night, the excited 20-year-old had taken to Twitter to reveal what the next few weeks would have in store. “Today I travel to Manchester for the experience, professionalism and luck,” Abdulrahman tweeted.

With no more friendly matches for Roberto Mancini’s men before their Community Shield date with Chelsea at Wembley on Sunday, Abdulrahman’s only chance to impress at the Etihad Stadium will come in training.

However, this is not the first time Abdulrahman has flirted with a move abroad, having seen a potential move to Spanish side Espanyol collapse when he was just 17.

The young midfielder retains an ambition to play abroad, however, something that was only strengthened by his UAE team-mate, Hamdan Al Kamali’s time at Lyon.

Speaking prior to the Olympics, Abdulrahman said: “I wish for this because three years ago I had an offer from Espanyol but that didn’t happen for certain reasons, it was a destiny from Allah. Actually it is a dream of any player to go abroad and be a professional player.

“There isn’t a certain league that I think of because I might think I would be good in, say, the Italian league but then I might be good somewhere else.

“It is not necessarily about the country or the city itself but what is most important would be to go abroad and make it as a professional player, and to show what I can do and honour UAE football.”

Omar Abdulrahman joins City on Loan

Its official.

"Manchester City have taken UAE starlet Omar Abdulrahman on trial after the midfielder's impressive performances at the Olympic Games.

The 20-year-old midfielder currently plays for Emirati champions Al Ain and will spend just over a week with last season's Premier League victors.

Abdulrahman arrived at Carrington on Tuesday and a decision on whether to retain the midfielder beyond the trial is expected next week.

The player confirmed the news on his Twitter feed on Monday: "Today I'll travel to Manchester for a training .. wish me good luck," before adding that it was City who he would be joining.

With 12 senior caps to his name, Abdulrahman is seen as one of UAE's most promising players and boosted his reputation at the summer Games, with a superb display in his country's opening game against Uruguay where he assisted both UAE's goals as they slipped to defeat.

The attacking midfielder enjoyed a fine 2010-11 campaign, scoring 11 goals in 29 appearances but was limited to just seven games last term after suffering a cruciate ligament injury.

Abdulrahman's move comes after he was praised by Team GB and City defender Micah Richards who labelled the 20-year-old as a star for the future."

Saw him live and watched a few of his games but we cant judge a player because of a few games but....

I really hope it becomes perm he reminds me of Silva so much! Although not a winger I would have him over AJ because of his vision and work rate.

Re: Omar Abdulrahman joins City on Loan

Please see attached 15 page thread ^^

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=263482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=263482</a>

And it is a trial by the way :P

I so desperately want Omar to do well and impresses Mancini. He's definitley got the skill to succeed, with a proper coaching and Mancini's magic, he could develop into something very special that we can call our own.

Surely, he would have been labelled "a wonder-kid if his name Omario from the Boondocks somewhere in Brazil! lol

Anyway, IF we sign him (hope so), maybe a loan to Espanyol who tried to sign him when he was 17.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.