Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us

It's all ignorant noise, isn't it? It's a good move for Berrada if he wasn't getting the top job at City. It's a good move for United and it may be a sign the Ratcliffe actually understands some things. We will see.

But this sort of thing happens to succesful organisations. Nothing to fear but a little more competition, in five years maybe.
Yep looked like the Nissan guy de Vries was next most senior to Sorriano, so not really knocking on the door at City. Predictablly the media incapable of reporting/understanding that

We should relish more competition. A proper challenge from United will spur Khaldoon and Pep on. It may persuade Pep to stay longer. Liverpool’s challenge pushed us on in 2019.
I’m old school, it is a good move by them. I suffered in the bad day’s tremendously and don’t ever want to see them anywhere near us again. I despise them so much. Good move from jimbo rat

Don't understand the panicking. That shower of shit will never create a worldwide club ownership net work. I admit he will divulge a lot of our methods, but City have never been robotic and will evolve. He's obviously been offered a wedge and if he left on bad terms, ie wanting a higher roll and City refused, then that's business. But if his move was conducted without City's knowledge then the man is just a **** and good riddance.

Nah I keep reading that he started at City after the charges lol so he isnt involved
He arrived after Mancini and after the original Etihad/Etisalat deals were signed. So he had absolutely no part in those. Also he wouldnt have needed to go out and find a company to buy the image rights, as the father & son behind Fordham already had relationships in Abu Dhabi. He simply wasn't a prime mover behind any of that.

Neither is his name mentioned in any of the Der Spiegel emails and nor was he a witness at CAS.

There's a lot of hot air about whether he was, or wasn't, involved in any of the stuff related to the charges, and what his new role means for the outcome of those. The simple fact is that he was offered a challenging new role and decided to step outside his comfort zone and take it. He had little or nothing to do with the events leading to the charges in my view and nor do they, or any supposed outcome, play any role in him leaving City and joining united.

I keep seeing comments on social media and you'd think Omar was our record goalscorer or something.

Not really sure what the fuss is about.
Because it starts at the top to be successful. In the bad days we had Swales in charge of everything blue so this is a coup for them definitely. Better than all their player signings.

He arrived after Mancini and after the original Etihad/Etisalat deals were signed. So he had absolutely no part in those. Also he wouldnt have needed to go out and find a company to buy the image rights, as the father & son behind Fordham already had relationships in Abu Dhabi. He simply wasn't a prime mover behind any of that.

Neither is his name mentioned in any of the Der Spiegel emails and nor was he a witness at CAS.

There's a lot of hot air about whether he was, or wasn't, involved in any of the stuff related to the charges, and what his new role means for the outcome of those. The simple fact is that he was offered a challenging new role and decided to step outside his comfort zone and take it. He had little or nothing to do with the events leading to the charges in my view and nor do they, or any supposed outcome, play any role in him leaving City and joining united.

So he leaves with a clean bill of health and clear conscience is what you are saying then yea?

If it’s just a case of a new challenge then well he will certainly have one of those on his hands now

Because it starts at the top to be successful. In the bad days we had Swales in charge of everything blue so this is a coup for them definitely. Better than all their player signings.

Why though? united have never struggled on the marketing side of things. Obviously, I don't understand the role to any real extent but if Bruno Fernandes doesn't make a difference then I don't know why Omar would.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.