Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us

I don't see any reason to panic. Khaldoon knows what he's doing and we should be confident that he'll find a more than capable replacement. Berradi may have indicated his ambition to become CEO some time ago, only to be told that the City job wouldn't be available for a long time. In fact, for all we know, Khaldoon may not have rated him as CEO potential anyway, so let him go with his blessing. Personally I don't blame him for jumping ship - he's not a City fan, it was a job for him until something else came along. That "something else" just happened to be a club which appears to require re-stucture from top to bottom, and he'll no doubt get a shed load of dosh for going there.
If their executive recruitment is anything like their player recruitment this may all go pear shaped too.
Panic? I'm astounded that the COO of the CFG (not even MCFC) leaving and going to them lot has garnered so much media & social media attention.

So much for little ol' city that nobody cares about :)

It's all ignorant noise, isn't it? It's a good move for Berrada if he wasn't getting the top job at City. It's a good move for United and it may be a sign the Ratcliffe actually understands some things. We will see.

But this sort of thing happens to succesful organisations. Nothing to fear but a little more competition, in five years maybe.
If only Khaldoun did staff photos on the forecourt the way Swales used to with himself at the front ranging right through the execs to the ones with no hope at the back we'd be easily able to tell where Berada ranked at City !

Perhaps Khaldoon should hire people who actually support the club/are a fan of City & doesn`t see it as a business. Pretty clear that Berrada never really liked City & only disliked United at some point. His move says a lot about his character (no backbone, honour, loyality, integrity). After over 10 years at City you go to the arch-rival. Disgusting.
Like Peter Swales

We didn't so much copy the Barça model. We acquired their triumvirate of Soriano, Txiki & Guardiola, took the best they brought to Barça, massively improved it & then let Soriano loose to take City to levels never before seen in world sport, never mind football.

The Barça v City blueprints today are as different as night & day. Barça did it their way & ended up in £1.2bn of debt. We did it our improved way & are the debt free treble winners & World Champions.

City are in a different league to any other sports franchise in the history of sport. It's Barça & others who're desperate to copy City's model, hence the constant approaches for our staff, & Berrada leaving to become CEO of Old Toilet.

Our three Amigos, Khaldoon & HRH Sheikh Mansour are the key to this. The crack interchangeable team they've assembled around them are the bricks everyone can see, but the aforementioned are the solid foundations upon which we're built.
I think that, unlike Barcelona, City were prepared to run with Ferran Soriano’s multi-club vision and it’s been staggeringly successful. I can’t see the rags with their “unique” (fucking weird) ownership structure copying that approach, so they’ll have taken Berrada as a top football executive with CEO potential and a proven track record at the world’s most successful Club. I don’t think he will have any special insights to transform the rags - as their commercial and sponsorship side are already very good. Their football side is shite though but at least Berrada knows what an excellent DoF looks like.

If only Khaldoun did staff photos on the forecourt the way Swales used to with himself at the front ranging right through the execs to the ones with no hope at the back we'd be easily able to tell where Berada ranked at City !
Bottom right.. after the CAS result.

Attachments

• 401cb80f-79ab-43cb-8345-c0a13b6ec67e.jpeg
    401cb80f-79ab-43cb-8345-c0a13b6ec67e.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 112

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.