Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us

Unfortunately I work round the corner from the theatre of shite with some of the most deluded rag cunts known to man first thing out of their mouths was we've got your CEO now watch us get back to the top of the tree ,wankers the lot of them clueless rag cunts

He wasn’t our CEO.

The gardening leave interests me how it is enforced.

Essentially we would still be paying him in full & any potential commission or bonus due in this period but you’d imagine the Rags would better or equal that to get him started.

Benefit for us is slowing him down & controlling what he knows but what’s in it for him & the Rags to agree?

If he’s working for us he can’t do any work for the Rags but there’s no way he can’t plan or consider anything until summer as that’s the Summer missed.

My understanding is gardening leave is a legal contract similar to a non-compete clause or NDA. If you break it you get sued.

I would imagine that employees at City at such a senior level will have been made to sign NDAs / confidentiality agreements too so any IP he was exposed to as an employee at City is property of City and can’t be disclosed to future employers.

I’m not a lawyer but I do some consultancy work (in a different industry) and confidentiality agreements are commonplace.

Unfortunately I work round the corner from the theatre of shite with some of the most deluded rag cunts known to man first thing out of their mouths was we've got your CEO now watch us get back to the top of the tree ,wankers the lot of them clueless rag cunts
They’re as thick as shit.

His job as CEO will be to make the strategy rather than (as COO) carry out the strategy. He'll probably be okay at making the strategy as he's likely to draw heavily on his experience at ours.

seems like he's been a good servant for the club so good luck to him i say (but not too much luck).

make all your errors at united, and if a vacancy for CEO comes up at city and if you're any good as CEO, and if you've been respectful about your former employers, then maybe there'll be a conversation. i suspect you'll have fond memories.
But there will be two groups making strategy at united. The Glazers will be responsible for the overall business strategy and Ratcliffe's group for football strategy. He's going to be the one who sits in the middle trying to reconcile various demands. That won't be easy as despite their £600m+ revenue, they're spending more cash than they have coming in. Ratcliffe will want money for refreshing the squad and they also need to spend money on the stadium and Carrington, supposedly without using more debt. That'll soon burn through Ratcliffe's cash injection.

Whose side is he going to be on?

We know Woodward was the Glazer's 'enforcer' and was required to implement their strategy, which saw Ferguson leave. It could end up like at Chelsea under Abramovich in the first Mourinho era, where the football guys, the owner, the CEO and the manager were all effectively doing their own thing. It somehow worked as they had a very good group of players and a manager at the peak of his powers. It might not be so effective when you've got Maguire, Evans, Martial, etc managed by Erik the Clown.

That‘s my take on it as well. And other peoples. Scruffy Jim would want assurances from Omar that he knows City are innocent of the charges, otherwise it won’t look good on Jim and on United hiring a CEO who is implicated in cheating at the highest level at City. I’m not saying Omar would have gone into detail about the 115 charges and City’s defence, but he would have told and assured Jim City are innocent and will win the case.

No idea what assurances he would or could have given them, or what risk Utd would have taken to hire him. Not that I don't see the sense in what you are saying.

But for any worries that his 'jumping ship' is in some way sign of guilt to come, I would say that I'd be more worried (not thag I am) if he 'jumped ship' to Barcelona, PSG or somewhere in a league abroad. Then at least, any jumping ship theories wouldn't sound as wild.

Last edited:
But there will be two groups making strategy at united. The Glazers will be responsible for the overall business strategy and Ratcliffe's group for football strategy. He's going to be the one who sits in the middle trying to reconcile various demands. That won't be easy as despite their £600m+ revenue, they're spending more cash than they have coming in. Ratcliffe will want money for refreshing the squad and they also need to spend money on the stadium and Carrington, supposedly without using more debt. That'll soon burn through Ratcliffe's cash injection.

Whose side is he going to be on?

We know Woodward was the Glazer's 'enforcer' and was required to implement their strategy, which saw Ferguson leave. It could end up like at Chelsea under Abramovich in the first Mourinho era, where the football guys, the owner, the CEO and the manager were all effectively doing their own thing. It somehow worked as they had a very good group of players and a manager at the peak of his powers. It might not be so effective when you've got Maguire, Evans, Martial, etc managed by Erik the Clown.
i agree it's not as simple as my couple of lines.

i simply meant, if the stars line up then he may be back one day. more than likely he won't of course.

someone at the club once said what a compliment it is for other clubs to head hunt our staff. seems its still happening.

i'm certainly not going to disagree with a powerhouse forum contributor like your good self. i do enjoy reading yours and projectrivers and one or two others posts.

My understanding is gardening leave is a legal contract similar to a non-compete clause or NDA. If you break it you get sued.

I would imagine that employees at City at such a senior level will have been made to sign NDAs / confidentiality agreements too so any IP he was exposed to as an employee at City is property of City and can’t be disclosed to future employers.

I’m not a lawyer but I do some consultancy work (in a different industry) and confidentiality agreements are commonplace.

That makes sense & I’m familiar with that but I was thinking is he allowed to speak with Scruffy Jim?

Imagine he had to provide a presentation as part of the interview on the strategy he would use & they start implementing it ahead of time.

I suppose I’m saying will it be worth the paper it’s written on?

Main reason I’m saying it is because starting in the summer is surely too late to have any impact on the summer transfer window unless he’s privy to everything prior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.