Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us

I wonder how he’ll deal with Baconface turning up at his door? After all everyone at United still thinks the ‘Boss’ is still in charge.

But there will be two groups making strategy at united. The Glazers will be responsible for the overall business strategy and Ratcliffe's group for football strategy. He's going to be the one who sits in the middle trying to reconcile various demands. That won't be easy as despite their £600m+ revenue, they're spending more cash than they have coming in. Ratcliffe will want money for refreshing the squad and they also need to spend money on the stadium and Carrington, supposedly without using more debt. That'll soon burn through Ratcliffe's cash injection.

Whose side is he going to be on?

We know Woodward was the Glazer's 'enforcer' and was required to implement their strategy, which saw Ferguson leave. It could end up like at Chelsea under Abramovich in the first Mourinho era, where the football guys, the owner, the CEO and the manager were all effectively doing their own thing. It somehow worked as they had a very good group of players and a manager at the peak of his powers. It might not be so effective when you've got Maguire, Evans, Martial, etc managed by Erik the Clown.
remember when the word 'holistic' was used to describe our development. Think it was Khaldoon that introduced its use. In retrospect it was a very accurate description of what we have done - developed and improved everything, moving in the same direction with the same set of guiding principles. Pep constantly reminds us that everyone from CEO to the tea lady is striving to make the club better in their own way. If Omar can make that happen at that shambles of a club, with the egos that exist and the differing agendas then he will be a bloody miracle worker. Maybe their quality of signing improve but I don't think he had much to do with choosing our target transfers anyway.

From what I heard it seems Jim used some consulting service like executive recruiters to approach Omar. They would keep it in the rule books. It is a common practice to hunting executive level candidates ... Even though you know who u want you will use this kind of service to avoid legal issues. Surely Jim should know how to do it properly.

Regarding transfer strategy I doubt that Omar would be the one scouting players. It is never his area. It is Tikki job. Omar is more on negotiating wages/fees etc. most of these will happen when the summer window opens. By comparison our CEO has a say in transfer but it is not his focus.
However I am more concerned about if any other staff will follow Omar. It would be rare if Omar lands there all by himself. it will hurt us.

From what I heard it seems Jim used some consulting service like executive recruiters to approach Omar. They would keep it in the rule books. It is a common practice to hunting executive level candidates ... Even though you know who u want you will use this kind of service to avoid legal issues. Surely Jim should know how to do it properly.

Regarding transfer strategy I doubt that Omar would be the one scouting players. It is never his area. It is Tikki job. Omar is more on negotiating wages/fees etc. most of these will happen when the summer window opens. By comparison our CEO has a say in transfer but it is not his focus.
So there's a chance we might get a better negotiator? I'm in.

My understanding is gardening leave is a legal contract similar to a non-compete clause or NDA. If you break it you get sued.

I would imagine that employees at City at such a senior level will have been made to sign NDAs / confidentiality agreements too so any IP he was exposed to as an employee at City is property of City and can’t be disclosed to future employers.

I’m not a lawyer but I do some consultancy work (in a different industry) and confidentiality agreements are commonplace.
There isn't much we can do and I doubt there will be too much to disclose really. He isn't going to disclose our dealings or structure with Abu Dhabi as that would represent a very serious breach against a country effectively. This isn't what United need him for though.

What Berrada represents to United is a huge change in their financials, especially on transfer and player policy. The days where they spend £500k per week on a 38 year old Ronaldo or £100m on the likes of Pogba are now gone. However, the money has to come from somewhere and the Glazers are only interested in their dividend.

It'll be very different for Berrada because at city he had free reign whereas at United he'll have to temper the new owners who may now control the sporting side but they do not control the club given the Glazers still hold 75% and therefore still hold all of the board voting power.

United are also a public company so there are very different obligations compared to just running the footballing side of a private company which has a clear ownership structure and virtually unlimited resources. It's a bloody tough job for him as his first CEO job and it's a huge risk taken by United.

Last edited:
No it isn't mate it's just a niggling thought as I've said. Why has he resigned halfway through the season? Why has someone who's been at our club for years gone to our nearest rivals who we hate and he knows we hate? Why?
Mate, this isn’t the FBI moving someone into witness protection, it is literally someone going to a better paid job, probably tripled his salary or something along those lines.

No way could someone who has been involved at City all those years & involved directly with the sponsorships then be given a CEO job at a competitor (I use that term loosely) as a thank you, if he was some type of whistle blower he would definitely not be given another job in the same sport ever again, even at those red cunts.

They’ll adopt our bonus structure & the new players will be even more pissed off earning fuck all whilst Casemiro earns 10x for fuck all.

remember when the word 'holistic' was used to describe our development. Think it was Khaldoon that introduced its use. In retrospect it was a very accurate description of what we have done - developed and improved everything, moving in the same direction with the same set of guiding principles. Pep constantly reminds us that everyone from CEO to the tea lady is striving to make the club better in their own way. If Omar can make that happen at that shambles of a club, with the egos that exist and the differing agendas then he will be a bloody miracle worker. Maybe their quality of signing improve but I don't think he had much to do with choosing our target transfers anyway.

The shareholders aren’t even aligned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.