Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us

Does Omar know the Glazers and United funnel all their revenue through the Cayman Islands tax haven? Obviously Jim does, as he lives in Monaco. I hope Omar can get his head around United's money merry go around and the £1billion debt.

Was listening to the Noisy Neighbours Pod last night and Ahsan was on it, i was kind of on the fence till i heard his personal take on it. The first point he made was Berrada has been part of the City family at a time where we have routinely been sniped at by them over the road. They have gone to HUGE lengths to try and undermine us, and lets not forget they are one of the biggest reasons we have had UEFA & PL trying to finish us. He has felt that on a personal level, it's proven by the celebratory pictures and quotes after CAS, he personally understands what we have been put through because of them lot. To then slap everyone from his own football family and go over to them? They are controlled by the same cunts who had secretive meetings with the rest of the league chairmen about us behind our backs, shows Berrada has no moral compass. He IS a rat, he only cares about his own future and doesn't give a fuck about friends or family, and let's be real about it the guys at the top are clearly a tight knit bunch. Other than purposefully going there are fucking destroying that club, i don't think there's any saving him.
I listened to that too and came away with the same feeling.

Wasn't really overly fussed about it but now yeah, fuck him, fucking spineless traitor.

We'll find someone to replace him but he certainly isn't going to turn McTominay into Messi or Hojlund into Haaland.
My understanding is that the vast majority of his experience is on the commercial side and his background in pure football, (strategy, principles, player identification, squad building, is quite limited.

Was listening to the Noisy Neighbours Pod last night and Ahsan was on it, i was kind of on the fence till i heard his personal take on it. The first point he made was Berrada has been part of the City family at a time where we have routinely been sniped at by them over the road. They have gone to HUGE lengths to try and undermine us, and lets not forget they are one of the biggest reasons we have had UEFA & PL trying to finish us. He has felt that on a personal level, it's proven by the celebratory pictures and quotes after CAS, he personally understands what we have been put through because of them lot. To then slap everyone from his own football family and go over to them? They are controlled by the same cunts who had secretive meetings with the rest of the league chairmen about us behind our backs, shows Berrada has no moral compass. He IS a rat, he only cares about his own future and doesn't give a fuck about friends or family, and let's be real about it the guys at the top are clearly a tight knit bunch. Other than purposefully going there are fucking destroying that club, i don't think there's any saving him.

"he only cares about his own future", he's an executive who's moving for a job above his present one for a shed full of money, why the fuck is anyone surprised or even bothered by this? I can understand them lot getting giddy over it given their present state of play but why would it concern a Blue one iota?

Haha F365 going for the nited loving media :-)
With some minor adjustments from me

man utd chief to copy ‘Man City tactic’ as Ten Hag ‘overhaul’ leaves them down to bare bones

Omar Berrada is on his way and he may want to repeat his Man City success at man utd, while Erik ten Hag really is having a clear-out.

Talking tic-tacs

manchester united have appointed Omar Berrada as chief executive after a spell as chief football operations officer at City Football Group. so of course…

Omar Berrada’s man utd in-tray: Selling flops, Erik ten Hag standoff, Man City tactic

The Mirror waste no time in deciding what the first jobs will be on Berrada’s agenda, just after somebody has shown him where the toilets are and which absolute dicks
will never make you a cup of tea.

Mediawatch is intrigued by ‘Man City tactic’. Is it to flout FFP? Is it to get an army of lawyers to fight any vague suggestion that they might not have absolutely paid for
everything themselves?

No, it’s – and this is going to blow your tiny minds – ‘Find the right players’.

It’s almost like cheating, isn’t it?

During the last eight years, City have signed several top players from abroad – such as Ruben Dias, Jeremy Doku, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, Julian Alvarez, Manuel Akanji,
Josko Gvardiol and Ederson. Other Premier League teams were interested in these stars – but Berrada lured them to City. United’s new CEO must be just as persuasive at Old Trafford.

Thankfully, there is absolutely no difference between ‘luring’ players to join literally the best football team in Europe and ‘luring’ players to join the seventh best team in England.

He might just need another ‘tactic’.

The theme continues in the Manchester united Evening News, where we are told that ‘Omar Berrada knows what Manchester United must do to recreate Man City transfer success’.
Is it ‘be the best football team in the world’? We think it might be.

Having been head of football operations at City, we can expect Berrada to undertake a strong review of recruitment at United. One step he may wish to replicate from his time at
the Etihad is how he managed to help build a team packed to the brim with superstar talent.

He may wish to replicate? That opens up the possibility of him looking back at his time at Manchester City in which they signed Erling Haaland, Rodri, Bernardo Silva etc
and thinking ‘nope, going to do it differently this time; we’re going to buy a right load of sh*t’.

After all, this is the man who said in 2021: “A common theme of my career has been to take risks and try things. To be part of a journey which can go well or go badly but you learn.”

Mortal combat

Over to MailOnline:

Poaching Omar Berrada – one of Man City’s inner circle – is such a coup for manchester united and signals Ineos’ intent after Sir scruffy Jim Ratcliffe’s arrival… but it is
not a mortal blow for their neighbours

Woah there. And there we were thinking that Manchester City (winners of five of the last six Premier League trophies) would literally be destroyed by the exit of a
man who wasn’t even in the running for the same position at Manchester City.

Shocked to the very core here.
This is the trend

If you’re thinking that Omar Berrada leaving Manchester City for manchester united has absolutely nothing to do with livarpool then think again. Especially if you
are a Trends Writer for the livarpool Echo.

Incoming manchester united CEO Omar Berrada names the huge decision he’d have made at livarpool

It’s a hella interesting use of the present tense for something that Berrada tweeted in 2012.

The ‘story’ is that Berrada suggested Pep Guardiola as a coach for livarpool when Kenny Dalglish left for the second time. Almost 12 years ago.

The final line of this blatant click-grab is a doozy:

For his part, Berrada will now have to deal with the criticism he will undoubtedly face from City supporters after taking the decision to join their arch rivals.
The chances of Guardiola following him to Old Trafford are less than slim.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how to write trending stories for livarpool fans.

Bare bones

man utd ‘to allow EIGHTH player to leave on loan this month’ as Erik ten Hag continues Old Trafford overhaul

That ‘Old Trafford overhaul’ in full:

EIGHT players leaving on loan with a grand total of one Premier League start between them. That’s quite the deconstruction of the manchester united squad.

EIGHT players leaving on loan that includes three that have literally never played for manchester united. Is it a ‘shitholed overhaul’ if they have never actually played at Old Trafford?

How on earth are manchester united now going to cope with a first-team squad consisting of just 24 players after that massive overhaul?

Credit to

If he shoves Ferguson, Neville & Ferdinand et al with all their baggage and trappings out the door, then I’d say he has a chance of turning them around longterm. If anyone from their cartel dominance of 90’s/00’s is left hanging around then I think Omar is going to age rapidly.

Looks like they are still going to stick with the history, DNA….

‘so that, once again, United fans can see, in the words of Sir Matt Busby, the red flag flying high at the summit of English, European and world football.’

My understanding is that the vast majority of his experience is on the commercial side and his background in pure football, (strategy, principles, player identification, squad building, is quite limited.
So basically, they continue to strengthen the area where they haven't really had any issues - commercial gain.
Maybe he'll at least stop them from offering such stupid contracts...but then they won't be able to attract anyone. Haw haw haw...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.