On This Day 29th April 1970: E.C.W.C Final.

Yes a long story and I`m sure most of you know but myself and my mate hitched it there and slept in the Prada Stadium for two nights with another 5 City fans.
Me and my mate found out where the team were staying up in the mountains and got a taxi to the hotel. I knew Glyn Pardoe and my name sake Alan Oakes well and they asked Joe Mercer if we could travel with them that Tuesday afternoon in the team coach to watch them train.
What an experience and all the players shook our hand as did Joe and Big Malc.
Wonderful stuff and it was a great season for us.
Happy memories.
My dad tried to hitchhike to the final in Vienna with 3 or 4 mates but only got as far as Northern Germany. He went to Lierse in an earlier round by plane...I asked why the hell he didn't just do that for the final; he said 'he thought it would be an adventure'!

My dad tried to hitchhike to the final in Vienna with 3 or 4 mates but only got as far as Northern Germany. He went to Lierse in an earlier round by plane...I asked why the hell he didn't just do that for the final; he said 'he thought it would be an adventure'!
We were quite fortunate as on the way from Dover we met an American Serviceman who was based in Garmisch right on the Germany/Austrian border.

Slowly trying to see every team/ground where City have played a competitive game (every UEFA/FIFA game or Texaco Cup). Although not all teams/grounds exist anymore.

Wasn't alive for this game but have been to see Gornik play a home game a few years ago, and went to the redeveloped Slaski Stadion where we played them for their home game the year after this. Planning to get to Prater Stadion (venue for the final) another time.

Lukas Podolski currently playing for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.