On this day - Keegan Resigns

If, for nothing else, KK should be celebrated for bringing Ali B. to the club.

Don't see how he was anything but a resounding success. Promoted first year playing champagne football, comfortable mid table finish first year in the Premier League, won the last derby at Maine Road. Even the season he left we finished it a missed penalty off qualifying for Europe, so it wasn't like he had undone all his good work. Top man Kev!

Don't see how he was anything but a resounding success. Promoted first year playing champagne football, comfortable mid table finish first year in the Premier League, won the last derby at Maine Road. Even the season he left we finished it a missed penalty off qualifying for Europe, so it wasn't like he had undone all his good work. Top man Kev!
Must admit for me his undoubted great work in his first couple of seasons was a little tarnished by his later transfer dealings which left us with a weak squad and no money.
Fond memories but a checkered legacy.

Must admit for me his undoubted great work in his first couple of seasons was a little tarnished by his later transfer dealings which left us with a weak squad and no money.
Fond memories but a checkered legacy.
His later transfer dealings also left us with an ageing squad. Signings in Summer 2023 had mostly seen better days elsewhere and his pursuit of Fowler also led to Bernstein going. KK gave us some great days though at the same time.

And he won the last Maine Road derby, as was pointed out earlier by @East Level 2.

I think his legacy was mainly tarnished by his obsession with bringing Fowler to the club, as he turned out to be a complete waste of money.

If I’m not mistaken Keegan was manager for over 4 years. Certainly a vast improvement on the previous 5/6 years. I remember being excited when we were going for Robbie Fowler and gutted when it fell through and then excited again when we did sign him. Maybe wiser people than myself were right, including Mr Bernstein and we shouldn’t have signed him. Always liked Keegan as our manager.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.