On this day - Swales became chairman

That had been going on at City (and other clubs) for years..!

I still remember vividly Sheffield United at home in 67-68. I met the Old Man after playing school footy that morning and we went (unusually) into the Platt Lane stand. It was rammed in there as City had had a good start to the season, which ended with us winning the title. I recall saying how the part of the Kippax where we usually stood was really full too, along with the Scoreboard End, which was full of Blades fans.

After we won 5-2, all the way down Lloyd Street back to Hulme I speculated that we must've topped 45000 that day but the Old Man was laughing, saying 'Uncle Albert (Alexander) won't be letting the taxman know that..' Next day in the 'Sunday Express' results page.. reported attendance 32000..

I swear they'd still be doing it if it wasn't for this brave new world of social media followers/clickbait that clubs have to sell themselves to nowadays..!
Is the other way round now and the stated attendance includes all the empty seats.

October is clearly a month containing a few 'not great' anniversaries because today (7th) in 1996 Steve Coppell arrived as City manager! Time for a lie down.
Blimey Charlie, you're a barrel of laughs at the moment! You available for kids' parties, bar-mitzvahs and so on..?! 'captaincheery.com' for bookings?!?! Actually, that was probably the lowest time ever, when we were chopping and changing managers every lunch break it seemed.. dare I say it, even worse than being at the Brittania when we went down to the 3rd division.. Hey ho! Thank you Dickov and The Goat and Morrison and Big Joe and David Bernstein and Gary Cook and, above all, The Sheik and Khaldoon..!!

For Gary James or anyone.

Does Manchester City hold the record for most managers under a single chairman?

Sir "deadly" Doug Ellis had a reputation for sackings at Villa but surely he could not compete with Swales?

When we're allowed back into stadiums we should have a rousing rendition of "Swales out!!!! " For old times sake.

For Gary James or anyone.

Does Manchester City hold the record for most managers under a single chairman?

Sir "deadly" Doug Ellis had a reputation for sackings at Villa but surely he could not compete with Swales?
I don’t think so but they did host a ‘manager of the month’ award at one stage!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.