One for the interweb techies

Without sounding like I want to start an argument, the RF modules inside the vast majority of ISP routers are garbage. Most run at the maximum gain and have poor thermal dissipation. In addition the antenna design is poorly optimised as they go for aesthetics over performance. It’s for these reasons why the coverage and data rates are poor with ISP provided routers.

The chipsets vary as well, some of the better ones provided by ISPs use Broadcom which are based on a licensed ARM architecture, however a number use cheap Chinese designed chips.

Having an ultrafast broadband connection and using a cheap router is like having a Porsche and fitting it with the cheapest tyres you can find, it will work but you won’t get the performance you expect.
You're not starting an argument with me as I haven't got a effing clue what that means apart from the Porche tyre scenario :)
So far so good with the ethernet cable and it has been for the past 3-4 hours ( tempting fate now, I know ) Hope she's alright for tomorrow afternoon.
Again, thanks for the help guys.

Without sounding like I want to start an argument, the RF modules inside the vast majority of ISP routers are garbage. Most run at the maximum gain and have poor thermal dissipation. In addition the antenna design is poorly optimised as they go for aesthetics over performance. It’s for these reasons why the coverage and data rates are poor with ISP provided routers.

The chipsets vary as well, some of the better ones provided by ISPs use Broadcom which are based on a licensed ARM architecture, however a number use cheap Chinese designed chips.

Having an ultrafast broadband connection and using a cheap router is like having a Porsche and fitting it with the cheapest tyres you can find, it will work but you won’t get the performance you expect.
So, like I said, it's entirely dependant on your particular circumstances?

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.