One That Got Away?

lionheart

Now that he is regularly playing in his preferred slot as central defender, Jerome Boateng is finally proving that he could have made the big time here, especially in the European competitions. He was outstanding at Marseille last night. Him and Vinnie could have formed a solid, five year partnership. C'est la vie. At least we still have Savic to fall back on!

lionheart said:
Now that he is regularly playing in his preferred slot as central defender, Jerome Boateng is finally proving that he could have made the big time here, especially in the European competitions. He was outstanding at Marseille last night. Him and Vinnie could have formed a solid, five year partnership. C'est la vie. At least we still have Savic to fall back on!

He looked like he didn't want anyone to pass to him, when here. Rather have joleon anyday.

What a complete shithouse. I'll never forgive him for backing out of that tackle.

Not guts, no pride, not quick enough to cope with the Premier League. Joleon is twice the player.

Surprise surprise a top young international is starting to fulfill his potential, what a shocker that is. That said, Boateng seemed a bit soft for the prem

Was embarrassed by Del Piero at CB, just looked a shithouse tbh. Not a sale I regret us making.

A decent player, but not as good as we thought he was when we signed him.
He lacked the aggression to cut it in England. For a big lad, he was a bit of a pansy

nevilletogoater-in said:
What a complete shithouse. I'll never forgive him for backing out of that tackle.

Not guts, no pride, not quick enough to cope with the Premier League. Joleon is twice the player.

No guts maybe but he was defo quick enough. Joleon is far better for us now but Boateng will go on to be a much superior player and will have a far better career

He didn't want to stay though did he? I thought he wanted to raise his kids in Germany and not in England.

Never really settled in England unfortunately.
More a case of how players play to their potential when they're happy in their relative domestic situations than one that got away.(positional preference apart) There are a few exceptions but mostly in truly world class players.

Not a chance I wanted rid the moment he backed out of that challenge.

Remember how excited he was when we signed him too what a let down

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.