Online Betting

Hamann Pineapple said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Do the betting companies alter their odds for individuals that keep making money betting a certain way?

For example, let's say we go back to the start of Frankel's racing, say I bet successfully online for the first few races, would the bookie then spot I keep betting and winning on Frankel and therefore give me lower odds than others who may put a punt on because they realise he's become famous.

Note, I'm not asking whether bookies lower odds for perceived favourites or safe bets, but whether they then lower these odds again for individuals who they may notice winning regularly on safe bets?

Yes they do

No they don't.

How could they? The odds are available to view before you log in.

They have a much easier way of making life hard for the tiny percent of people who have a long term edge. They either close your account or more likely reduce your maximum stake to an amount that isn't worth you bothering with.

Serious pro gamblers more often than not have a host of people placing bets for them. But they soon get sussed and find themselves getting offered shit like a maximum bet of £2 on 6/5 shots.

The pro moves on and finds more willing people to place his bets and the other people are left with virtually unusable accounts.

Most casual punters would be amazed at what small percentages even the most successful gamblers are working on. Anyone who claims to be working on clearing more than 2% of their total outlay is probably either not talking long term or is lying.

It puts into perspective how hard it is for us ordinary joes to turn a profit when even the most successful have to work on such small margins.

tidyman said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Do the betting companies alter their odds for individuals that keep making money betting a certain way?

For example, let's say we go back to the start of Frankel's racing, say I bet successfully online for the first few races, would the bookie then spot I keep betting and winning on Frankel and therefore give me lower odds than others who may put a punt on because they realise he's become famous.

Note, I'm not asking whether bookies lower odds for perceived favourites or safe bets, but whether they then lower these odds again for individuals who they may notice winning regularly on safe bets?

Yes they do

No they don't.

They have a much easier way of making life hard for the tiny percent of people who have a long term edge. They either close your account or more likely reduce your maximum stake to an amount that isn't worth you bothering with.

Serious pro gamblers more often than not have a host of people placing bets for them. But they soon get sussed and find themselves getting offered shit like a maximum bet of £2 on 6/5 shots.

The pro moves on and finds more willing people to place his bets and the other people are left with virtually unusable accounts.

Most casual punters would be amazed at what small percentages even the most successful gamblers are working on. Anyone who claims to be working on clearing more than 2% of their total outlay is probably either not talking long term or is lying.

It puts into perspective how hard it is for us ordinary joes to turn a profit when even the most successful have to work on such small margins.

Betting patterns, what is available to you is not the same as what is available to me. I've seen it in action. I have quite a few bets and my average stake is taken into account by the bookmaker online. When 'special offers' are available online with a maximum bet I am allowed to bet more. Similarly they will track 'clicks' and restrict limits if they feel they will lose heavily.

Hamann Pineapple said:
tidyman said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Yes they do

No they don't.

Betting patterns, what is available to you is not the same as what is available to me. I've seen it in action. I have quite a few bets and my average stake is taken into account by the bookmaker online. When 'special offers' are available online with a maximum bet I am allowed to bet more. Similarly they will track 'clicks' and restrict limits if they feel they will lose heavily.

I'm aware promotions and special odds can easily be withdrawn for individuals. And restricting bet size is the point I was making.

But the bit about, you've seen it in action?
You saying you've logged onto an online bookie. Seen odds available and when you've tried to bet, the odds have reduced but when you go back to the main page, the original odds are still available to everyone else ?

I have noticed online betting on the speicals going in on the sites depending on the money put on the speical double or whatever. Bookies will always limit there losses. You never ever see a poor bookie. I know and have seen on race tracks a certain bookie on the rails refusing to deal with a punter. Who won a hefty amount of money after collecting on 2 good winners the said bookie wouldnt take his bet. Or the odds he was offering was shit to him. Also the bookies beside that said bookie wouldnt take his bet too. So it can be hard at times.

As for myself the bets I do is so small this days I have never had a limit on a stake set for me. I think now more so than ever I just have a bet for fun rather than try and win big. Yes in my case If I win back the money I put on I will e happy. IF I get more than even better.

they will just restrict ur stake and maybe not give u best odds guaranteed.

place bets on betfair(exchange) or betdaq ,no restrictions bet as much as u like

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Not sure they'd alter the odds for the individual but they'd certainly limit the amount that said individual can put on at the odds on offer. So for example the punter might want to put £200 on a horse at odds of 7/4, the bookie might say you can have £100 at 7/4 but the other £100 at 6/4 or less.

They will be very aware of accounts that are profitable or should I say not profitable and take action as they'd be considered undesirable.

leighton said:
You never ever see a poor bookie..

It's clear you know what you're talking about most of the time mate but I'd have to take issue with this often repeated, throw away line.

Independent bookmakers have been fighting a losing battle against the big three for years and more recently the likes of Power and Done.

They're working on very small margins and thousands have gone to to the wall in recent years.

I'm not saying there are no successful independents. But getting a licence isn't the guarentee to sit back and watch the money roll in that some people seem to think.

BlueBearBoots said:
So just don't do it online then and go to a bookies
When you win a decent bit of cash bbb, the last thing you want is to be collecting it in front of loads of other punters, some of whom are dodgy as fuck.
With regards the profitable accounts scenario I'm up a fair bit on Ladbrokes over a 5 year period and they've yet to put any limits on my account

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.