Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, 3, er 2

Re: Only 5 teams can still get 90 points

we have the ability to win our next 8 games and probably should if we are to be champions. spurs have a very tough run with liverpool, newcastle, arsenal then united. while similarly united have a tough run of arsenal, stoke, chelsea and liverpool. Its ours to lose.

I reckon Spurs away to Fulham could be a banana skin as well - Fulham not bad at home and may need points to be safe

I think folk may be worrying unduly. There are plenty of potential banana skins in the yids fixtures, Swansea and Norwich being just two, certainly not roll overs by any stretch.

SWP's back said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Bloody hell, look at Spurs' run-in.

They really can pull this off, imo.

Must win game against them this month.
That conveniantly ignores the run of 7 games they have in the middle there.
Yes, but i'd back them to pick up points in those games. They have momentum going into them, and are a better side than Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Put it this way, if they get through those games and are still within 6 points of 1st place, they will really fancy it, considering some of their rivals play each other in the last 8 games and they have a piss easy run.

City (42/54)
Wigan(A)
Tottenham(H)
Everton(A)
Fulham(H)
Villa(A)
Blackburn(H)
Bolton(H)
Swansea(A)

United (45/54):
Bolton(H)
Arsenal(A)
Stoke(H)
Chelsea(A)
Liverpool(H)
Norwich(A)
Tottenham(A)
WBA(H)

Need to make this run count.

Ancient Citizen said:
I think folk may be worrying unduly. There are plenty of potential banana skins in the yids fixtures, Swansea and Norwich being just two, certainly not roll overs by any stretch.

And the final 6 weeks is probably the worst time to face all the relegation threatened clubs.

Plus Sunderland away won't be an easy fixture for anyone now that O'Neill's there.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:24 pm --<br /><br />
ob said:
I reckon Spurs away to Fulham could be a banana skin as well - Fulham not bad at home and may need points to be safe

Spurs' game against Fulham on the final day of the season will be at White Hart Lane. Already played at Craven Cottage.

I'd have every single game in yellow, we're good enough to beat any team in the league but I still go into each and every one realistically cautious.

SWP's back said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Bloody hell, look at Spurs' run-in.

They really can pull this off, imo.

Must win game against them this month.
That conveniantly ignores the run of 7 games they have in the middle there.
Exactly,it will be that run that will finish them off..

Hopefully!

Goosebot said:
I'd have every single game in yellow, we're good enough to beat any team in the league but I still go into each and every one realistically cautious.

yeah same here, I did think of highlighting them all as banana skins, but instead just opted for the more obvious ones

JimB said:
Ancient Citizen said:

And the final 6 weeks is probably the worst time to face all the relegation threatened clubs.

Plus Sunderland away won't be an easy fixture for anyone now that O'Neill's there.

-- Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:24 pm --

ob said:

Spurs' game against Fulham on the final day of the season will be at White Hart Lane. Already played at Craven Cottage.

my apoligies was looking at Chelsea away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.