Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, 3, er 2

citizens_1976 said:
United have won it now.
Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you. In the past City have always fucked up when the pressure was on.

I don't think that will happen this year. Mancini is a hard man and has established a team ethic. For sure, if the Rags persist in their 'City have no bottle' tactics it will stengthen City's resolve. Silence would be the rags best strategy as complacency has always been City's worst enemy.

It will be tight, but I am more confident than I have ever been. Our defence has never been tighter and we will concede very few goals between now and the end of the season and will score a lot. I suspect the winner of the derby will win it.

As fans, we mustn't lose heart if we drop points either, because both teams WILL drop points between now and the end of the season.

It will be an interesting run in.

BlueAnorak said:
citizens_1976 said:
United have won it now.
Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you. In the past City have always fucked up when the pressure was on.

I don't think that will happen this year. Mancini is a hard man and has established a team ethic. For sure, if the Rags persist in their 'City have no bottle' tactics it will stengthen City's resolve. Silence would be the rags best strategy as complacency has always been City's worst enemy.

It will be tight, but I am more confident than I have ever been. Our defence has never been tighter and we will concede very few goals between now and the end of the season and will score a lot. I suspect the winner of the derby will win it.

As fans, we mustn't lose heart if we drop points either, because both teams WILL drop points between now and the end of the season.

It will be an interesting run in.

Well said. I can't believe some posts on here tonight. I'm with bobby, keep focused n keep the faith!

Re: Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, no 3, er

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Lord BLue said:
City 66 (need 24 from 33): Swansea(A), Chelsea(H), Stoke(A), Sunderland(H), Arsenal(A), WBA(H), Norwich (A), Wolves(A), United(H), Newcastle(A), QPR(H)

United 64 (26/33): WBA(H), Wolves(A), Fulham(H), Blackburn(A), QPR(H), Wigan(A), Villa(H), Everton(H), City(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A)

Looking at those fixtures, did united become favourites for the title today?

Not according to Paddy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-football/premier-league?ev_oc_grp_ids=108901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-f ... ids=108901</a>

Might stick £50 on United to win the league, If they do then at least I win some money out of it. If City win it, who gives a fook about the £50

I reckon 8 wins out of 11 is the minimum to guarantee the title, and that's a lot to ask for. Looking through the fixture list, I can see 6 games against "lesser" sides that I'd expect us to win if we were serious about being champions - not being complacent, but there are teams we should be beating more often than not if we're aiming to be the best. I think we'll turn over the rags in the derby, so if we can find one or two other wins as well, we'll be high and dry.

What I hope for more than anything though is that the players and management aren't doing what we're doing, going through different scenarios obsessively. They should just focus purely and simply on the next game, and nothing more. (I say this as I endlessly speculate on future results that may or may not happen.)

citizens_1976 said:
United have won it now.

Even with a 5 point gap had united lost today we wouldn't be any nearer to winning it to be honest. All the maths and all the points projections don't mean a thing: We're actually better off with the situation as it stands rather than opening up a gap and seeing as a false cushion. Tevez and Aguero will get us the goals in the tough games when we don't play well like United, and I am sure Mancini is aware of this. Yes, we can actually win enough games to win it and by overcoming the rags, a defeat along the way and a draw will still see us home. Don't want to open the Tevez debate, just my opinion.

City 69 (need 21 from 27): Stoke(A), Sunderland(H), Arsenal(A), WBA(H), Norwich (A), Wolves(A), United(H), Newcastle(A), QPR(H)

United 70 (20/27): Fulham(H), Blackburn(A), QPR(H), Wigan(A), Villa(H), Everton(H), City(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A)

City 70 (need 20 from 24): Sunderland(H), Arsenal(A), WBA(H), Norwich (A), Wolves(A), United(H), Newcastle(A), QPR(H)

United 70 (20/27): Fulham(H), Blackburn(A), QPR(H), Wigan(A), Villa(H), Everton(H), City(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A)

Looking at the second place totals below, we could post one of the highest second place totals ever, if that's any comfort to anyone (of course so could the rags :D ).

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/honours
2010-2011 Manchester United 80, Chelsea 71, Manchester City 71
2009-2010 Chelsea 86, Manchester United 85, Arsenal 75
2008-2009 Manchester United 90, Liverpool 86, Chelsea 83
2007-2008 Manchester United 87, Chelsea 85, Arsenal 83
2006-2007 Manchester United 89, Chelsea 83, Liverpool 68
2005-2006 Chelsea 91, Manchester United 83, Liverpool 82
2004-2005 Chelsea 95, Arsenal 83, Manchester United 77
2003-2004 Arsenal 90, Chelsea 79, Manchester United 75
2002-2003 Manchester United 83, Arsenal 78, Newcastle United 69
2001-2002 Arsenal 87, Liverpool 80, Manchester United 77
2000-2001 Manchester United 80, Arsenal 70, Liverpool 69
1999-2000 Manchester United 91, Arsenal 73, Leeds United 69
1998-1999 Manchester United 79, Arsenal 78, Chelsea 75
1997-1998 Arsenal 78, Manchester United 77, Liverpool 65
1996-1997 Manchester United 75, Newcastle United 68, Arsenal 68
1995-1996 Manchester United 82, Newcastle United 78, Liverpool 71
1994-1995 Blackburn Rovers 89, Manchester United 88, Nottingham Forest 77
1993-1994 Manchester United 92, Blackburn Rovers 84, Newcastle United 77

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.