Opposition view: Crystal Palace

Once we get past their 10 man back line & keeper. We will still have to work hard for the 2nd, 3rd goal etc. There is no way that Pulis is going to change formation. He'll be happy with a 1 - 0 defeat. Then he can gob it off how unlucky they were & should have had 10 penalty's. But it should be a mauling, but I can see Dzeko & Garcia starting.

I'll always have a soft spot for Palace for two of their fans getting me and Dad into Selhurst Park as their guests when we couldn't get in 25 years back. As Paul Stewart hit the bar we did the usual try not to react, they laughed, said they knew we were City fans from the start (obvious really) and to relax, we were among friends.

Henkeman said:
I suspect he says Dzeko because he may feel he's one player who might make the difference to them as a side enough to keep them up - scoring goals usually being the problem for promoted sides. Still, it wouldn't be the first name that we might expect someone to suggest!
I think a dozen of your players would make a difference when it came to scoring goals. The obvious choice is Aguero. Aguero even with his injury problems would keep a team like Palace up easily.

Cannot disagree with much of what he said, but hope we don't just play Chamakh upfront we will need some pace.

I like Palace. I lived round the corner from their ground for a couple of years and enjoyed seeing the lads and Dads arriving.....reminded me of me and my Dad a fair few years ago.

I was highly amused at one game at their ground when one of their young fans dressed like a reject from the mid-80s, incl flares and bucket hat tried talking to ours through the fences.

citytill1die84 said:
All the players to choose from and he picks Dzeko haha I like dzeko but he wouldn't be in my top 12/15 players.

I thought about this and came to the conclusion it was a very considered choice. On this thread every week the opposition fan always picks Kun, Merlin, Yaya and occasionally Kompany.

No matter how bad the rest of his team mates were compared to the opposition, if played in every game for a struggling side Edin would score enough goals in the Premiership to keep a side up.

supercrystal7 said:
Henkeman said:
I suspect he says Dzeko because he may feel he's one player who might make the difference to them as a side enough to keep them up - scoring goals usually being the problem for promoted sides. Still, it wouldn't be the first name that we might expect someone to suggest!
I think a dozen of your players would make a difference when it came to scoring goals. The obvious choice is Aguero. Aguero even with his injury problems would keep a team like Palace up easily.

Cannot disagree with much of what he said, but hope we don't just play Chamakh upfront we will need some pace.

For sure. I was just trying to think through the logic of what he was saying when it's not a name you'd imagine would come to mind immediately.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:41 am --<br /><br />
ifiwasarichfan said:
citytill1die84 said:
All the players to choose from and he picks Dzeko haha I like dzeko but he wouldn't be in my top 12/15 players.

I thought about this and came to the conclusion it was a very considered choice. On this thread every week the opposition fan always picks Kun, Merlin, Yaya and occasionally Kompany.

No matter how bad the rest of his team mates were compared to the opposition, if played in every game for a struggling side Edin would score enough goals in the Premiership to keep a side up.

My thinking too.

ifiwasarichfan said:
citytill1die84 said:

What would lead you to believe that Dzeko would score more goals in a struggling side than Aguero? If as you imply, team mates were poor in this struggilng side, then I'd think a player like Aguero who is more likely to score goals out of nothing or of his own making would be better than a player like Dzeko who basically needs decent service to score goals given that he has the touch of an elephant and hasn't generally got the skill or pace to regularly beat men.

Pulis will come with his defensive 'football' tactic like most of the time. Try to make it hard for us.
I think the score line depends on when we score/if they manage to score first.
first few before 30 minutes, and I expect quite a big scoreline, anything after I think pulis might be able to motivate them at half time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.