Opposition view: Hull City

haha, what a top d1ckhead, all that is wrong with football? From a fan of a club that spent money it didn't have, nearly went under, saved by a foreign investor who wants to change the name of the club, and "fans" who wear tiger suits "roaring" at away fans.

Can't even blame agenda or press mate, the man is clearly braindead and an insult to humanity.

So even though the rags were spending £30M on players nearly 20 years ago, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea getting a stranglehold on the top four and constsantly spending the most money for over a decade, WE are the ones that have made modern football all about money?!?

Allam should have let them go bump, it's clearly what they deserve as they don't believe in money!!

casualdeyna said:
Can't even blame agenda or press mate, the man is clearly braindead and an insult to humanity.

So even though the rags were spending £30M on players nearly 20 years ago, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea getting a stranglehold on the top four and constsantly spending the most money for over a decade, WE are the ones that have made modern football all about money?!?

Allam should have let them go bump, it's clearly what they deserve as they don't believe in money!!
That is what the agenda is for mate, for clampetts like him. Worlds full of them.

The key thing the ones who are complaining about us need to think is; if they were in a situation, where a sheik suddenly decided to buy their club, spend millions getting the best players, improve their stadium, create massive amounts of revenue from smart sponsorships, make their club sustainable at the highest level AND invest hundreds of millions into the local community - would they say no out of fear of 'not being a proper club'.

Let them be happy being cannon fodder for the successful clubs. Self Righteousness is something they feel as a result of endless media stories about how it's really terrible watching Aguero smash home the goal that wins you the first league in 40 odd years at the expense of your most hated rivals.

I'll go for that any day, even if Tony from Humberside feels he is enlightened enough about 'proper football' to tell us what we're missing out on.

Not wanting to hijack this and steal Ric's thunder, but I asked a friend of mine to answer the questions. (Hope you don't mind Ric). I find it a bit more balanced and far more articulate than those in the OP. Might be of interest, please delete Ric if you're not happy with it.

What are your expectations for this season?

Before the season started I was hoping for a decent run in Europa League (Group Stages and perhaps qualification from that - Get a few glamorous games in the process) and also a boring, mid-table season in the league. At this stage now, safety is the only target.

Are you happy with the manager?

I remember speaking to a Birmingham fan last year who said that Bruce was a great manager until he had money to spend at which point he appeared to struggled to motivate the new signings and integrate them into the side. This played out at Sunderland to some extent and you also could say that has happened this season with us. If we do go down, someone like Bruce would be the ideal man to bring us back up. If the club wants to make a last ditch attempt at safety the man for the job (Pullis) is no longer available so for that reason the fans have to be content with Bruce come what may.

Who are your key players?

Diame has been fantastic when fit and he is a huge miss at the moment. Opposition fans will see Huddlestone as a key threat but he has been truly awful this season and getting in the team on reputation only. His lack of mobility has become a huge issue.

Were you happy with the business conducted during the transfer windows?

Brought in Dame N'Doye from Loko Moscow. Good goal scoring record there, and is a key position we need to sort out if we want to achieve safety, but not sure if international clearance in time for tomorrow. For £3m he seems like a risk worth taking.

Are there any rising stars in the squad that we might not have heard of?

Our 'Academy' hasn't brought through a decent local player in 15 years! In his time at the club Bruce has brought in a lot of youngsters from non-league but none of them look close to making the grade at the moment which is a sad indictment on our youth policy stretching back decades.

Your Achilles heel?

We are currently a team bereft of confidence, we have played really well in games over the last couple of months but as soon as we go behind we collapse with no recognised leader on the pitch, a lack of creativity in midfield and nobody with the ability to put the ball in the back of the net on a consistent basis.

If you could have any City player in your team who would you choose?

There is no better striker in the league than Aguero when fully fit

What is your perception of City as a club?

They seem to be doing a lot of community regeneration work which they should be commended for and the new academy should set them up well for the future. In the shorter term I am disappointed at the lack of local players coming through, which is less of a Man City-specific issue and more a sad indictment on the short term nature of football nowadays.

Ric said:
Normally I get a blogger to do it, but there are a lack of Hull bloggers out there so a forum owner gave me permission to post the questions on their board.

Was surprised by the level of vitriol aimed at us to be honest. Never thought there was any particular bad blood between the clubs. One of them took particular exception to me calling us City, rather than them.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?page=forum&forum_id=8&thread_id=20536&selpage=0&&limit=15&obf=post_number&obad=ASC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?pag ... r&obad=ASC</a>

I signed up to that forum a while ago due to living here and bluemoon being disrupted during a change of server or something.

They really are an odd bunch on that forum and racism seems to be actively encouraged never mind tolerated. I work with and know loads of their supporters who are decent and genuine top blokes but there's a strange small team mentality about them. For years, they were knocking around the bottom divisions and had a shit time of it. This seems to convince quite a lot of them that it's alright to "support" a second team. These are blokes that are decent members of society and have good careers. They occasionally seem to get football but it's taken me a couple of years to even break the surface of what FFP is all about and why it's a bad thing for their team.

Like most supporters around the country, they see City as the big bad wolf but are oblivious to the fact that Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and United cut them adrift for many years and without major investment, would have seen them languishing down with Scunthorpe, Grimsby or even Scarborough.

Since they moved into the new stadium and got to the Premier League, their attendances have grown by about 500% but you can bet your life that they'll sing "Where were you when you were shit?" tomorrow. If you get talking to any in the pubs tomorrow and they start on about our fanbase, ask them about the time back in 99/2000 when they ran a front page of the Hull Daily Mail asking people just to join the membership scheme to give them money as they knew full well that they wouldn't get more than 5,000 through the turnstiles unless United or Liverpool were in town.

I hope they stay up though. It's the only time I'm ever able to get a taxi home from an away game.

Ric said:
Normally I get a blogger to do it, but there are a lack of Hull bloggers out there so a forum owner gave me permission to post the questions on their board.

Was surprised by the level of vitriol aimed at us to be honest. Never thought there was any particular bad blood between the clubs. One of them took particular exception to me calling us City, rather than them.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?page=forum&forum_id=8&thread_id=20536&selpage=0&&limit=15&obf=post_number&obad=ASC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?pag ... r&obad=ASC</a>

We seem to get the same from most small clubs I think I can guess what it is about, it's envy and nothing else

Ducado said:
Ric said:

We seem to get the same from most small clubs I think I can guess what it is about, it's envy and nothing else

they read the crap constantly written and follow like sheep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.