Opposition view: Leeds United

Thanks for your comments, it's quite possibly the most positive feedback I've ever had following one of these things, I usually end up upsetting 3/4's of the opposition fanbase and half of our own. Brighton's fans were planning to hunt me down after I said their stadium was an Ikea bowl, it's funny how defensive people get when neutrals discuss their club.

As someone said on the other City-Leeds thread, I think the only chance we have of winning this is if we score early, park the bus and your fans start getting on players backs. We have performed better in the cups against better opposition than we do in the league, but in all likelihood, this will be a rugby score.

Disappointed you let the silent neighbours win the league, genuinely thought you'd be untouchable this season. I took great pleasure in watching the Manchester United fans celebrate the title at the end of last season, only for news to filter round about your late goal. The look on their faces was priceless. Had hoped that was the end of their era.

ZAC.Headingley.LS6 said:
Fair do's for fair comment.. Leeds still have a `few` idiots who drag our name down, but the vast majority are just decent guys wanting a succesful team..

We are currently with a manager who is getting more disliked by the week.. (he thinks we are having a `great` season still), have new owners who are skint.. have a president who must be the most hated man in football and resembles Captain Birdseye..

So being a Leeds fan isnt a barrel of laughs at the minute, but for sure the 6100 of us coming for the day out on Sunday will be as loud as usual, hoping against hope for a miracle.. away days are still fun.. die hard fans having a laugh in adversity, home games are horrible from what is on the pitch to the atmosphere off it..

fully expect to be beaten on Sunday, hopefully not 7-0 though! cheers

We've been there, mate, as you well know. Keep the faith. You're too big a club and too important a city to stay out of the Premier League for ever.

TSSLUFC said:
Thanks for your comments, it's quite possibly the most positive feedback I've ever had following one of these things, I usually end up upsetting 3/4's of the opposition fanbase and half of our own. Brighton's fans were planning to hunt me down after I said their stadium was an Ikea bowl, it's funny how defensive people get when neutrals discuss their club.

As someone said on the other City-Leeds thread, I think the only chance we have of winning this is if we score early, park the bus and your fans start getting on players backs. We have performed better in the cups against better opposition than we do in the league, but in all likelihood, this will be a rugby score.

Disappointed you let the silent neighbours win the league, genuinely thought you'd be untouchable this season. I took great pleasure in watching the Manchester United fans celebrate the title at the end of last season, only for news to filter round about your late goal. The look on their faces was priceless. Had hoped that was the end of their era.

Good luck to you after next Sunday (as long as it's not against us!) . It would be good to have the likes of you back in the Prem but not the idiots and racists who cause trouble for the rest of us.

Colin is not big enough or clever enough for a club of Leeds's size (if he thinks that is a great season for a club like Leeds he really is deluded), and I am not surprised that he is not that popular up there. Hope you get the manager and the owners you deserve.

Why do you see the rags as such strong rivals? Is it a Lancs/Yorks thing? because obviously we are a Lancashire club historically (despite the political boundaries) and with trouble between Leeds and City is largely consigned to the 70s and 80s. How come Leeds don't seem so angsty about us? Is it becuase we're "normal" (!!) and more down to earth unlike the scum?

Aren't say Sheff Wed or Sheff U seen as rivals?

To me Leeds see City as genuine Mancs, supporting there home town team.. Where as Man U have a perceived unbreakable love in with the press/media which has lead to huge amounts of there support being glory hunters from just about everywhere.

I am not naive and know they do have certain parts of the city which you would consider red. And also know both you and Leeds do have support outside our own cities, but this in my opinion which will of course be somewhat biased has not been secured purely from mass media coverage of our clubs..

I am 37, so the rivalry from the 70's early 80's I cannot comment on, but in the 90's it was tribal at Elland Road and Old Trafford..

As for City, I came to Maine Road, around 5 times and on each occasion it was a rough ride be it, standing in away section of Kippax or seating in the 5-2 cup win, when there was plenty of city fans ensuring getting through the turnstiles was a relief.. But also know it was probably the same for you at Elland road.

But in general Leeds see you as having done it the hard way and now deserving of the current happy times,. Just a bit jealous now!

Caveman said:
Seems more witty and less flappy than our fanbase does even though we're only second in the Prem and have a big shout at the FA Cup this season; whilst Leeds were challenging for the title and got the the CL semi-final a decade ago and have had worse times than we ever had since then. Some of our fans really need a reality check.
come out with some garage you do, really dont like city fans do you ?

ballinio said:
Caveman said:
Seems more witty and less flappy than our fanbase does even though we're only second in the Prem and have a big shout at the FA Cup this season; whilst Leeds were challenging for the title and got the the CL semi-final a decade ago and have had worse times than we ever had since then. Some of our fans really need a reality check.

It's the irony in that he's slagging City fans off for being miserable...

TSSLUFC said:

You're a disgrace to Leeds United and the County of Yorkshire if you're worried about insulting fans of a nothing Club like Brighton.

peoffrey said:
TSSLUFC said:

You're a disgrace to Leeds United and the County of Yorkshire if you're worried about insulting fans of a nothing Club like Brighton.

tumblr_lq2u0cmb2s1qii6tmo1_500.gif

ballinio said:
Caveman said:

To be fair an awful lot of cavemans posts are rational and to the point. He doesn't sugar coat things and fans from other clubs who take a peek on here would probably agree with him. You only have to look at the top few threads on the bluemoon forum each day to see that this place has its fair share of flappers. There's quite a lot to dislike about certain sections of our support recently - they tend to come up with comments along the lines of "weak mentality" etc if you have the gall to be happy with our progress over the last 3 years and not want our manager to be sacked. I'm guessing that's what he refers to when talking about "reality checks" and in that sense I agree with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.