Opposition view: Leeds United

Good honest assessment i would say but 7 nil ... haha i hope so as that would mean someone had found their shootin boots .

bumbleblue said:
Good honest assessment i would say but 7 nil ... haha i hope so as that would mean someone had found their shootin boots .

Guidetti?

Seosa said:
Good little read.

I never saw the troubles from Leeds in the 70s & 80s so I've never had a problem with them. I think the Premier League misses Leeds tbh.

Agreed. Personally never had a problem with them and would prefer them to the likes of Stoke, Wigan or Reading. Better behave themselves on Sunday now!

black mamba said:
kevinmcfc said:
Never liked Leeds, their fans or the players.

I think that's been the trouble with Leeds ever since the hooligan rife days of the 1970's .... in that era , and the late sixties , Leeds were despised by everybody , except their own supporters , and were classed as a 'dirty team' ..... even though , in truth , they had a great side.

They knew that nobody liked them , but like Millwall , they didn't care .... both appeared to 'revel' in the situation , and fans came from far and wide to join the Leeds cause ..... the amount of hooligans Leeds had at that time was worrying , and the West Yorks police back then , had absolutely no answer to them , a fact they've long since admitted ..... these yobs seemed to make it their 'duty' to defend the Yorkshire name , and there was always a 'welcoming commitee' when you arrived at the Station .. usually dressed in white skinners and bovver boots !

Leeds , both as a club , and as supporters , are paying for their turbulent past , and they know they are not a club who will ever be popular with the masses , i don't think they'll ever kid themselves about that ..... but they're a big club , and you have to give credit to the fans who have stuck with them ... but the support will return in greater numbers if things ever turn for the better ... it'll be a slow process , but they've just got to hope that things improve.
As above, I don.t hate Leeds as much as the rags. The fact is most teams had hooligans at that time, but we had nice hooligans not like the rest.

We can't forget that Leeds have beaten Southampton, Everton and Spurs this season. They'll turn up on Sunday believing they can beat us too.

Last 3 years they have played a number of premier league sides. Suprised they have not got the hunger to get back up.

As much as i hate Warnock, he has a half decent record with champinship sides, they have abit of money to. Next 5 years they will deffinatly be back up, always wanted to go Elland Road with City to.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
always wanted to go Elland Road with City too.

Should you ever manage it could you kindly ask the locals if i could have the silk scarf back that they forcibly relieved me of back in 1975 !

It's not a popular opinion on here i know
but i do rather like Leeds. My Dad was a Leeds fan.
Dodgy away days in the 70's/80's. Gave as good as we got at Maine Rd
I'd prefer them in the prem more than Reading or Wigan.
Let's face it they're rag Towns anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.