Opposition view: Liverpool

vincent said:
thealbertcock said:
alright all, liverpool fan here, scouse born and bred.

quite surprised at this thread as I never felt that there was a particularly nasty relationship between our clubs. in fact, i felt as though we had something in common as we both hate manu and manu and everton are up eachothers arses.

i remember you lot at anfield when sge was about to get bullet and i was well impressed with your support for him and i was made up you won the league last year for 2 reasons, 1 as manu didnt and 2 as i felt your fans deserved it after some very hard years.

im under no illusions that lfc are not a great team at moment, we are not and havent been since rafa was sacked but we are still a great club, a massive club in world football. same for mcfc, not all based on success on pitch but much than that and something we cant allow media nobeds to decide and attempt to influence

im looking forward to welcoming the champions tomorrow and hope we can beat yer but i know realistically we wont be challenging for league this season and out of choice i would rather it be you lot than any of the rest.

When you come to L4 tomorrow dont expect to turn up and be part of a great rivalry as lfc v mcfc just isnt and i think it would take a long time before that changed.

Decent post but the last paragraph made me smile...

We don't strive to have a great rivalry with Liverpool. The way you said it is as though we should be honoured to ever be considered a great rival of LFC.

i understand how what i phrased that can me misinterpreted. i meant we both need to be on same level to create a rivalry, at moment we are not on same level, in time if we are both challenging for same trophies that can change but even then we will always love the fact you wind up those nobeds down the road!!!!

the phrase you used about being 'honoured to ever be considered a rival' is funny though as when chelsea became quite successful again I felt as though that is how they measured success the fuckin cockney nobeds!!

thealbertcock said:

quite surprised at this thread as I never felt that there was a particularly nasty relationship between our clubs. in fact, i felt as though we had something in common as we both hate manu and manu and everton are up eachothers arses.

i remember you lot at anfield when sge was about to get bullet and i was well impressed with your support for him and i was made up you won the league last year for 2 reasons, 1 as manu didnt and 2 as i felt your fans deserved it after some very hard years.

im under no illusions that lfc are not a great team at moment, we are not and havent been since rafa was sacked but we are still a great club, a massive club in world football. same for mcfc, not all based on success on pitch but much than that and something we cant allow media nobeds to decide and attempt to influence.

im looking forward to welcoming the champions tomorrow and hope we can beat yer but i know realistically we wont be challenging for league this season and out of choice i would rather it be you lot than any of the rest.

When you come to L4 tomorrow dont expect to turn up and be part of a great rivalry as lfc v mcfc just isnt and i think it would take a long time before that changed.

Welcome to Bluemoon. Thanks for your kind and well considered words.

thealbertcock said:

im under no illusions that lfc are not a great team at moment, we are not and havent been since rafa was sacked but we are still a great club, a massive club in world football. same for mcfc, not all based on success on pitch but much than that and something we cant allow media nobeds to decide and attempt to influence.

That nastiness you speak of is just banter,I'm sure all those comments about us on RAWK are just as tongue in cheek. ;)

samharris said:
thealbertcock said:

That nastiness you speak of is just banter,I'm sure all those comments about us on RAWK are just as tongue in cheek. ;)

not banter its coming across as hatred and btw RAWK is a shyte forum, full of whoppers and 99% are not scousers, i want go there anymore as its an embarrassment. win, lose or draw ill be back on here after game.

Sven Göran Eriksson has a column in the Swedish newspaper Expressen
(http://www.expressen.se/sport/kroni.../sven-goran-eriksson-nya-tider-for-liverpool/).

Today he's written about the City - Liverpool game:

New times for Liverpool

Losing 3-0 against West Bromwich in the season premiere it doesn't say much for Liverpools chances against Manchester City today. My dad Sven just shakes his head and wonders what happened to his club. Personally, I think Brendan Rodgers should try Steven Gerrard in the role of "holding" midfielder.

Both me and my dad have been Liverpool fans since the club's heyday in the 1980s, but the Liverpool we see today is a long way from the top tier. Liverpool simply can not lose with 0-3 against a team like West Bromwich in a Premier League debut. It's so bad. The preparations were not good enough.

Although they have a good coach in Brendan Rodgers, but the defensive game faltered. In the marking game the players were anything but coordinated. And they seemed to have poor communication when the opposition got set pieces.

Gerrard is the complete player...

Manchester City are obviously clear favorites today, but it is not easy to come to Anfield. There you have the best atmosphere in the whole of England - and even if they have not been good in recent seasons, Liverpool are basically always a difficult team to mplay at Anfield. If they get a lead and little wind at their backs.

I have studied Liverpool and noted that Rodgers last used Joe Allen, Steven Gerrard and Lucas Leiva as a midfielder in a 4-3-3 formation. I think that he should continue. But perhaps Rodgers should try Gerrard as a bit more of a holding, defensive midfielder, I feel that this is his best position. I had several conversations with him about that during my time as a coach in England. Steven has a bit too much energy, he wants to be where the ball is and therefore play an offensive role. But I always told him that "sooner or later you'll become a pure ball winner in the middle" He never responded, but just smiled.

Whether or not he plays there his passing game is so good that he would always be a part of the offensive. He is complete as a footballer - once I had him as a right-back in England for 45 minutes and he was absolutely amazing - and hits great passing game of both five and 50 meters.

... And a grumpy loser

Steven Gerrard's only problem is that he lacks patience. The times I had him as a defensive midfielder in the squad it always broke down because he wouldn't saty in the role, he sometimes disappeared forward or became a free ranging midfielder on a wing sending in crosses. It was not optimal.

And one reason that Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard were not so successful together in the national team was that Gerrard, wether he played on the right or left of midfield, would not stay there either, but wanted to get into the middle, in the mix. He wanted to go forward - and then he ended up on the same surface as Lampard.

And Lampard you would not use as a defensive midfielder, he scores too many goals, that guy. But Gerrard should be perfect there.

As a person, Steven also calm and collected, he's rarely stressed. In the national team, I could bounce ideas off of him in private. It could be controversial things like selection or how our offensive game would actually work.

He is certainly a fighter which was clear duing training matches. There was swearing at everything and everyone, but afterward he was as calm as usual. A grumpy loser with great leadership, you might say.

Much needs to change

When he missed his penalty against Portugal in the 2006 World Cup, he took it hard. He came into the dressing room with his head and apologized, I remember it so well: "I'm sorry, boys," he said. He thought that everything was his fault, but many great players have missed important penalties.

Steven Gerrard is "Mr Liverpool" and has won almost everything: the Champions League, Super Cup, FA Cup, League Cup. But the question is whether he will ever win a Premier League title.

As it looks now - absolutely not. And if that is to happen, a lot of things change in Liverpool: The American owners have to pump in more money - and buy the right players. Carroll and Downing have been such expensive signings, but did not make a success of the red shirt.

One must also recruit more high rollers. When I look at their team today, I find only three players of world-class: Pepe Reina in goal, Steven Gerrard and Luis Suárez. Re,move them and a Champions League place is very far away. I would not begrudge such a good guy as Steven winning the Premier League, but maybe he needs to change clubs if he wants to add that title to his resumé. The question is whether that will ever happen.

Boys (and gals) we got a new song for our,man Pablo,
would be amazing if we can get it goin at some point today.. its as follows,

'Mr loverrr man ..ZABA' .. u know the rest :-) C'MON YOU BLUES!!!
CTID

manimanc said:
may i be the first to call you a rag....

you rag!!!!!!

thanks in advance!!!

Have supported City since the age of 8. Had a season ticketfor 15 years in the Kippax which first cost me £3.00. Before that I paid 25p to get in, or 30p in the PLS (I couldn't afford 85p in the NS).

Was in the main stand the night Buchan did Colin.

Went in 74, 76, & 81 (But not the replay)

Went to every game home and away for 5 years.

Have Helen's autograph.

And have never suffered Paranoia as badly as you, but thank you for the warm welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.