Opposition view: Newcastle United

I find it amazing that in the modern game fans are still criticising away numbers.

The price of football is a joke and as a Newcastle fan I was disgusted in myself for pressing the confirm button for a £50 ticket to go to your place on Saturday. Newcastle are good on ticket prices except for the bigger games, which is why for the likes of you lot coming up here - who pay ridiculous prices for away games - I'd never even think about criticising how many fans you bring.

I often enjoy reading forum posts of other clubs before games even though the majority don't know an awful lot about football and base most of their arguments around fifa. I also find comments from other fans taking the mick amusing also. However one subject that should never be raised is how 'good' fans in comparison to each other.

We may be bringing a smaller allocation than others take to your place, however I think it is important to mention that we do sell out our allocations, and unfortunately if NUFC don't ask for more tickets then we can't really take a larger number can we?

Besides that though, 1500 or 100 fans, comparing the support of teams should be a real no-go area in the modern game. It truly is the uneducated 'fans' that talk about this.

Yes we may come to your place and sing 'your support is F******* S***' for banter, like you lot do when you come up here, but that's clearly banter rather than a serious statement. Please let's stop this 'our fans are better than your fans', as it's down to bank balances now, not like it was back in the day. But anyway, besides that, I think for the price of tickets these days, a sold-out game is astounding, so well done to you's also.

Despite the £50 quid hole in my pocket, I'm still looking forward to visiting your place, likewise as i am for travelling to benfica next week, as away games give you a feeling that home games just don't have. For the privilege of that cost we'll probably get a thrashing like, but then again, it's not as if Newcastle fans aren't used to it....

Was it last season against Newcastle when we had all that trouble? The banger, the chairs thrown etc. If Newcastle had two Clubs like Bristol, Sheffield or Nottingham does then neither would even be in the Championship.

TheCorner said:
I find it amazing that in the modern game fans are still criticising away numbers.

The price of football is a joke and as a Newcastle fan I was disgusted in myself for pressing the confirm button for a £50 ticket to go to your place on Saturday. Newcastle are good on ticket prices except for the bigger games, which is why for the likes of you lot coming up here - who pay ridiculous prices for away games - I'd never even think about criticising how many fans you bring.

I often enjoy reading forum posts of other clubs before games even though the majority don't know an awful lot about football and base most of their arguments around fifa. I also find comments from other fans taking the mick amusing also. However one subject that should never be raised is how 'good' fans in comparison to each other.

We may be bringing a smaller allocation than others take to your place, however I think it is important to mention that we do sell out our allocations, and unfortunately if NUFC don't ask for more tickets then we can't really take a larger number can we?

Besides that though, 1500 or 100 fans, comparing the support of teams should be a real no-go area in the modern game. It truly is the uneducated 'fans' that talk about this.

Yes we may come to your place and sing 'your support is F******* S***' for banter, like you lot do when you come up here, but that's clearly banter rather than a serious statement. Please let's stop this 'our fans are better than your fans', as it's down to bank balances now, not like it was back in the day. But anyway, besides that, I think for the price of tickets these days, a sold-out game is astounding, so well done to you's also.

Despite the £50 quid hole in my pocket, I'm still looking forward to visiting your place, likewise as i am for travelling to benfica next week, as away games give you a feeling that home games just don't have. For the privilege of that cost we'll probably get a thrashing like, but then again, it's not as if Newcastle fans aren't used to it....
I understand your reasoning regarding comments and the bank balance. Do remember many thousands of you walking at the back of the kippax in the 70,s and you did know how to make noise. Make some on Saturday it will no doubt make for a better game.Shame that some fans have been priced out.

NipHolmes said:
ell said:
NipHolmes said:
still £12 cheaper and we are champions not 3rd oplace and trophyless for 7 seasons ;)

£50 is a joke mate. Besides your right we are champions yet we still couldnt sell out a lot of similar priced games this season Chelsea, QPR both smaller allocations and spurs has been on blue cards for 2 days now.

Football on the whole is a joke price wise very harsh to have a pop at the Newcastle fans

Football is on the whole a joke as you say, it has been for years.

There is however a stark contrast between us and Arsenal though. One team is fielding genuine world class players like Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Tevez and is champion of the league. The other team has basically Wilshere + others and costs £12 more. That quite frankly is a rip off and they want buggering with a hot poker.

IMO Football should have a cap of no more than £30 a ticket right across the board. There is no reason why clubs should charge more than this when they get so much from TV and other revenues. Heck I'd happyily sell Sinclair and use the proceeds to fund cheaper seating.

Fantastic! - Genuinely laughed out loud.... A great proposition and i'd support you fully with it sir!

Churchill123 said:
NipHolmes said:
ell said:
£50 is a joke mate. Besides your right we are champions yet we still couldnt sell out a lot of similar priced games this season Chelsea, QPR both smaller allocations and spurs has been on blue cards for 2 days now.

Football on the whole is a joke price wise very harsh to have a pop at the Newcastle fans

There is however a stark contrast between us and Arsenal though. One team is fielding genuine world class players like Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Tevez and is champion of the league. The other team has basically Wilshere + others and costs £12 more. That quite frankly is a rip off and they want buggering with a hot poker.

IMO Football should have a cap of no more than £30 a ticket right across the board. There is no reason why clubs should charge more than this when they get so much from TV and other revenues. Heck I'd happyily sell Sinclair and use the proceeds to fund cheaper seating.

Fantastic! - Genuinely laughed out loud.... A great proposition and i'd support you fully with it sir!

Good man.

Lets make it happen!

#swapsinclairforseats2013

NipHolmes said:
Churchill123 said:
NipHolmes said:

Good man.

Lets make it happen!

#sinclairforseats2103

Sinclair will still be on the bench in 2103.

GeordieBoy said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Are they bringing there normal 1500, best supporters my arse.

We can't sell more tickets than the allocation Ashley chooses to take.

Hi GB, welcome to the forum!

What's your prediction on the game?

Also may I ask what are your thoughts on City as a club regarding spending? I hear some disdain from your supports but 15 years back or so you spent quite heavily yourselves so I find it hypocritical to be honest.

What are your thoughts on you club going forward and also finally what is your view of City squad and Mancini as manager.

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for answering questions (if you do so).

Whatever happens Saturday, good luck for rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.