Opposition view: Southampton

lovecityhateunited said:
always liked the saints. i strangely found the dell to be the most magical of places when my dad took me there as a kid. great little ground that. wish southampton all the best this yr
One of the strangest grounds of all time. They had that weird terrace up the side that went up at something like a 45 degree angle. Shit away end with no roof. But very atmospheric.

What is your perception of City as a club?

A very different one to ten years ago! City were always the club everyone had a soft spot for, the perennial underachievers with a loyal fanbase. Your financial injection has probably put paid to that, but do you care? Not likely and neither would I. Put is this way, I wish Saints were coming up against the City with Michael Frontzeck in the team….

Pretty much sums us up! Well said that man, at least he had the honesty to say he would take the money to.

Blue Hefner said:
After getting Southampton promoted why is their manager the favourite to get sacked 1st??
There are two groups of managers under pressure

1) Those managing clubs who are under threat of relegation

2) Those managing clubs who are under-achieving and expected to do well

It's possible RDM or AVB may go from the top clubs, and if you look at clubs who are expected to struggle you'd always consider the promoted clubs.

Ric said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
2-1 to city.? oh dear I hope he doesnt have plans to go.

3 or 4 nil to city i would think.

You never know, often newly promoted teams punch above their weight at the start of the season. Obviously I think we'll win, but it might not be the massacre some expect.

I'm not meaning to sound arrogant but they will need to defend very well to avoid a drubbing. The manager needs to decide wether to invoke the Everton defense or try and play a bit of football instead. If the former then a 2-1 defeat is possible, if the latter, well...

Also I think Mancini will be looking for a solid professional performance from the lads.

lovecityhateunited said:
always liked the saints. i strangely found the dell to be the most magical of places when my dad took me there as a kid. great little ground that. wish southampton all the best this yr

Bollocks to that.
Those scummers demanded the full allocation of tickets for what was for them a nothing game the week before they played in the FA Cup final, RIGHTLY City said no, and gave them their normal allocation and let more Blues get their tickets at normal prices instead of of south coast touts.
Then we were fined by the FAPL and had to pay their fans for their first trip to Eastlands.

NEVER FORGET THIS.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
2-1 to city.? oh dear I hope he doesnt have plans to go.

3 or 4 nil to city i would think.

That's exactly what I was thinking at the start of the QPR match. And it was well into the second half of the Swansea game before we got the first. And remember - Howie Redshirt has the whistle and Crappenberg has the board. If we've scored the winner in the 89th minute expect Marcus Crappenbergus to be the first fourth official to hoist a minus added on minutes!

Fazz28 said:
calm down touchy. nothing to do with statto, just basic knowledge. portsmouth are a south coast team so your answer lies there, pleasure to be a help. muppet.

-- Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 am --

and obviously not that clearly.

He's having a laugh, stop being so hormonal.

As someone else said, I can see it being like Swansea. They start well but we eventually turn it up a gear and run out comfortable winners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.