Opposition view: Southampton

There only hope is to defend deep and force City to break them down. They should forget about attacking until they've upset our rhythm enough.

If they try to play we should take advantage of the spaces and destroy them.

I am naturally pessimistic so expect a 0-0 shock result.

Aaaaargh. Depressed already.

I remember as a little boy retreating from a family wedding to the car to listen to the radio as City got beat 4-0 at the Dell. Must have been about 35 years ago. No one could coax me out and I am always reminded of it whenever we play Southampton

Marvin said:
I remember as a little boy retreating from a family wedding to the car to listen to the radio as City got beat 4-0 at the Dell. Must have been about 35 years ago. No one could coax me out and I am always reminded of it whenever we play Southampton

Opening day of the season?

Kevin Keegan?

Opening day of the season was 1980 - remember it well,got beat 2-0.
Need revenge for that,long journey,hot day,Kevin Keegan made his Saints debut,remember seeing Brian Moore arrive in a helicopter close to the ground to commentate on the match.

Well at least I got the right team this time and it wasn't Brighton or some shit.

tidyman said:
ElanJo said:
Southampton always reminds me of Stefan Karl. I think we may have beaten them once at the dell with him scoring. Remember listening to it on the radio (lol)

quote]

I remember that game even clearer than the one where Pearce didn't miss a penalty.

We won 1-0 and I think that more or less saved us from relegation.

Or we may have gone down anyway.

Can't quite remember now.

yeah this game didn't secure our safety but it was a huge step towards it. Can remember that goal clear as day

I cant really find many reasons to dislike Southampton. I think they will struggle to stay up with a Manager who has no experience of the Premiership and they do look short on quality. I expect them to give us a decent game but I think we will run out as comfortable winners.

Hope they prove me wrong.

tidyman said:
Marvin said:

Opening day of the season?

Kevin Keegan?
No found it on mcfc stats

FAC 3rd Replay. Wed Nov 24th 1982 0-4

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.