Opposition view: Sunderland

Salut Charlie said:
Lancet Fluke said:
If he could have any of our players he would have AJ because he is from the North East? Without wanting to sound too disrespectful, what a bell.

Leaving aside the fact that "without wanting to sound too disrespectful" is Britspeak for "I am about to be very disrespectful", this is a spectacular case of taking a comment out of context. The Q&A went like this:

Q: If you could have any City player in your team who would you choose?

A: What a bloody awful question!!! I would take any one of them. Balotelli because life would be fun with him in the team, Silva because he is almost the perfect player, Kompany because he is such a composed defender, Yaya Toure because he is the nearest thing I have seen to the proverbial brick outhouse. If you pushed me, I would go for Adam Johnson because he is a local lad.

That he is also a damn fine player can surely be taken as read ...

if anything the context makes it sound worse.

My biggest fear is if cattermole is playing. Can see him going right through the back of silva or nasri.

citymad said:
My biggest fear is if cattermole is playing. Can see him going right through the back of silva or nasri.

Gives nasty pieces of work a bad name. Wish we didn't have him and suspect M O'Neill won't keep him if anyone comes in. Speaking of which, though, is Nigel de Jong a contender for a place on Sunday? Isn't he the sort who'd "go right through" Sessegnon, from about waist height?

I'll get my coat ...

Salut Charlie said:
citymad said:

Gives nasty pieces of work a bad name. Wish we didn't have him and suspect M O'Neill won't keep him if anyone comes in. Speaking of which, though, is Nigel de Jong a contender for a place on Sunday? Isn't he the sort who'd "go right through" Sessegnon, from about waist height?

I'll get my coat ...

Yes but Nigel De Jong is a good player, the less said about Cattermole the better.

Mackems and barcodes in the same family's are best avoided, espesh on derby day.

Good responces, seems a nice chap. Sunderland were my tip as a dark horse for a europa spot this season.
Then it went tits up, lets see if O'Neill can redeem me.

Edit;: oh he is here, thanks Charlie.

can see a city backlash against sunderland, 4-0 with cattermole getting sent off

citymad said:

O'Neill's been playing him recently. His side's tactics are always to shut the opposition down and foul if neccessary. I see this being like Everton earlier this season where we'll need a bit of magic to win the game.

Can't bring myself to say I like another club but Sunderland have always been one of those that I dislike the least.

Although I've met some decent geordies over the years, in general the mackems dont seem to be so deluded and up themselves.

Had some quality trips up there too.

That 4-1 win at Roker was a lively old day/night. Think Biggins scored a couple and of course we played them in the first proper game at their new ground. Shit result but another top day out.

On the basis that we seem to have bounced back from the few disapointing results we've had this seson with a convincing win and the fact that Sunderland are not very good at football, I'm predicting a convincing win.

Still not met anyone who has any idea why they suddenly started calling themselves Black Cats a few years ago though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.