Orange phone charges

Well isn't that convenient my contract is up on the 7th of Jan.

Going to make the switch to O2 or Tesco mobile (put myself on the waiting list for a 4S with them).

Tesco mobile are basically O2 anyway arent they?

Pigeonho said:
First Orange thread in the search, hope it brings me an answer.

I've got my kids a Blackberry each for Christmas, both on Orange PAYG. They'll get a dirty topped up on it each month, but what I want to know is, is £5 for the BB Service add on worth it? Also, they will be on 'Dolphin', and I was lead to believe that means free texts, (presume unlimited?), but the Orange fuckers say it's only 400 per month.

Anyone else use something similar and can anyone tell me if I should use £5 of their £10 allowance for the BB Service add on? (They will only want it for BBM).

you need the £5 BB services to access facebook and other internet apps, it is worth it.

daveduke67 said:
Hasn't everything (except wages) gone up though?

If you use more than £20 a month get a contract - if it's only a tenner you're only talking just over 40p a month.
yea but our 40p

CityChick said:
Pigeonho said:

I've got my kids a Blackberry each for Christmas, both on Orange PAYG. They'll get a dirty topped up on it each month, but what I want to know is, is £5 for the add on worth it? Also, they will be on 'Dolphin', and I was lead to believe that means free texts, (presume unlimited?), but the Orange fuckers say it's only 400 per month.

Anyone else use something similar and can anyone tell me if I should use £5 of their £10 allowance for the BB Service add on? (They will only want it for BBM).

you need the £5 BB services to access facebook and other internet apps, it is worth it.
Right I see. I've got the deals mixed up I think. On the phones they have now they pay £5 add on for unlimited texts so its just a matter of getting the BB one instead and them only having the standard free 400 texts from Dolphin.
Fucking phones.

Pigeonho said:
CityChick said:
Pigeonho said:

I've got my kids a Blackberry each for Christmas, both on Orange PAYG. They'll get a dirty topped up on it each month, but what I want to know is, is £5 for the add on worth it? Also, they will be on 'Dolphin', and I was lead to believe that means free texts, (presume unlimited?), but the Orange fuckers say it's only 400 per month.

Right I see. I've got the deals mixed up I think. On the phones they have now they pay £5 add on for unlimited texts so its just a matter of getting the BB one instead and them only having the standard free 400 texts from Dolphin.
Fucking phones.

:)
but if they are messaging other people with blackberries, they can use BBM instead of txt, which is free.

CityChick said:
Pigeonho said:
CityChick said:
Fucking phones.

but if they are messaging other people with blackberries, they can use BBM instead of txt, which is free.
Ah, now there's a point!
Christmas is about to make my head blow up.
Nice one .

unsworthblue said:
Just got a text from Orange saying as from 8th Jan they are increasing the charges by 4.34%,more information go to there website,why are they putting up there prices,simple because they can,just like the gas company's because they can also,i'll try putting my prices up but i can't! everythings going up except the man in the streets pay.If i didn't need my phone i'd tell them to fuck right off but they've got you by the bollocks! thought i'd get that off my chest now i'm off to Arsenal,come on you blues!

Difference with energy providers is you can swap anytime you want, every month if you like but phone providers have got you by the nuts on a contract, then again you signed it!

CityChick said:
Pigeonho said:
CityChick said:
Fucking phones.

How long does it take to get activated, the BB Service? I'm fucking well fed up of wrapping now and want to get it done tonight. Thing is though, if I top it up tonight and then buy the add on too, how long before its activated? Orange told me a week, which sounds bollocks.

Pigeonho said:
CityChick said:
Pigeonho said:
Fucking phones.

How long does it take to get activated, the BB Service? I'm fucking well fed up of wrapping now and want to get it done tonight. Thing is though, if I top it up tonight and then buy the add on too, how long before its activated? Orange told me a week, which sounds bollocks.

it should normally start working within 24 hours of it being put on. keep turning the phone off and on every few hours to check.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.