Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense. Either way, if Otamendi's positioning is good, his pace is good, and he's got a physical presence (which looks the case) then that's pretty much everything you could ask for in a centre half. If he's also capable of getting the ball down and passing it then he'd be perfect!

Not too sure but i think he has got a pretty good pass on him

Looking at that though we are going to have a problem there in a year or two. Yaya and Ferd probably have two years tops left at this level and the other two aren't good enough to be our main midfielders.

We will have Pogba by then.

Think Oatamendi simply looks quicker as he is definitely quicker off the mark ( or to read the game earlier ) Mangala will get there with this. Either way Mangala is quicker.

I agree mate....in a race Mangala is going to win every time but on a football pitch Otamendi has a better feel/read of the game so is more likely to find the ball a little quicker. Mangala will get there but is still developing and not yet in his prime/ He is making great improvement but I think he'll get even better over the next few years!....in my opinion!:)

It's been a while since we've made a signing that I wasn't 100% behind but it looks like that runs about to come to an end. They're spitting in the face of Denayer who's done more than enough to earn himself a chance, he'll never get a look in with so many high priced signing ahead of him.
Same goes for Lopes if he ends up going on loan with less than a year left on his contract. There's no way he'll ever play for us again if he's part of this deal.

Most of all it reflects poorly on us as a club. If we're not even willing to give a young, highly promising player like Mangala another season to prove himself after spending all that money on him, what chance do we have of attracting other young prospects. It shows a complete lack of patience and willingness to develop our players and whether or not Otamendi turns out to be a good player for the club, it will work out to be a terrible deal for the club overall.

Have you just landed ?

I agree mate....in a race Mangala is going to win every time but on a football pitch Otamendi has a better feel/read of the game so is more likely to find the ball a little quicker. Mangala will get there but is still developing and not yet in his prime/ He is making great improvement but I think he'll get even better over the next few years!....in my opinion!:)

Agreed. I think Mangala deserves a great deal of credit for sticking at it. The amount of bad press he has had yet his head is still screwed on shows great promise that he can make it at the top level. Could be anything still this lad.

Mangala must be up there with the quickest defenders in the world today. I can't believe for one moment that Otamendi is the faster of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.