Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading between the lines on this, I think we have at least discussed Mangala going on loan to improve for a season and then come back to replace Demi, I think that suited prefectly for us in regards the foreign spaces, Otamendi takes Mangala and then next season Mangala takes Demi. I do think however his form in these 2 games has changed that and now we are not willing to include him in any deal. I am not that up on Otamendi but the general feeling is he is vey talented and would improve us and that we can possibly get a good deal due to the money they owe, I do not see this signing being necessary but a luxury. So if it goes ahead straight case at the moment I see us having 4 CB's and 4 MC's with Demi also adding cover on both, however as I understand it (someone please correct if I am wrong) this would not leave a space for KDB a signing I consider to be far more important if we can get him. To get both and keep Mangala someone, somewhere would have to go? Demi (obvious choice but signed a one year extension), Denayer (does he take a non HG spot, also was not promised game time before signing a new contract), Fernando (but does that leave us short), Nasri (potential but very good player and we would probably get nowhere near his worth), Navas (great player for injuries to Sterling, KDB as we can still play the same way with pace on both wings), Bruno (is he taking a non HG spot, if so would be my choice and hopefully a better choice of club for a loan spell).

No. we have 2 free foreign spots. Otamendi and KDB.

Reading between the lines on this, I think we have at least discussed Mangala going on loan to improve for a season and then come back to replace Demi, I think that suited prefectly for us in regards the foreign spaces, Otamendi takes Mangala and then next season Mangala takes Demi. I do think however his form in these 2 games has changed that and now we are not willing to include him in any deal. I am not that up on Otamendi but the general feeling is he is vey talented and would improve us and that we can possibly get a good deal due to the money they owe, I do not see this signing being necessary but a luxury. So if it goes ahead straight case at the moment I see us having 4 CB's and 4 MC's with Demi also adding cover on both, however as I understand it (someone please correct if I am wrong) this would not leave a space for KDB a signing I consider to be far more important if we can get him. To get both and keep Mangala someone, somewhere would have to go? Demi (obvious choice but signed a one year extension), Denayer (does he take a non HG spot, also was not promised game time before signing a new contract), Fernando (but does that leave us short), Nasri (potential but very good player and we would probably get nowhere near his worth), Navas (great player for injuries to Sterling, KDB as we can still play the same way with pace on both wings), Bruno (is he taking a non HG spot, if so would be my choice and hopefully a better choice of club for a loan spell).
Bruno is non HG. But failed at Valencia last season

Gives us the option of playing the continental style set up of 3 at the back with wing backs. Would be sorry to see Denayer moved on this season as it wouldn't give out good signals to the other EDS hopefuls.
In that case, the EDS hopefuls probably need to be a bit more realistic, particularly if they're expecting to feature regularly at centre back for title contenders shortly after turning 20 years of age. Denayer's got years and years ahead of him, and another 12 months out on loan somewhere will do him a world of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.