Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank fuck denayer signed that five year contract

Surprised at this, no doubting otamendi is a quality player but we seemed to have a good balanced option of centre backs (two first choice, plus some experience with demi and youth with denayer.) Especially considering how Mangala has started the season.

I was hoping Denayer would get a good few opportunities this year myself. Lad looks a proper talent, doing it for Belgium at international level as well.

Just hope he gets a loan move now, shouldn't spend a year as 4th choice here. Needs football.

I hope we didn't mislead him about opportunities this year, and then signed Otamendi completely out of left field to him. I remember there was a lot of deliberation about that new 5 year deal, he'd have every right to be unhappy if he was mislead.

I thought we were perfectly set with the centre halves we had, personally. Age and experience, youth and hunger; a nice mix of players who'd be patient and expect to play.

Otamendi is a player by all accounts though, so we'll just have to see. I'll try and keep the faith a bit more with Txiki's calls. I don't think we've done great from the financial aspect with the deals in and out this summer, but you can't really argue with the moves themselves, they've all been more or less spot on.

To be fair, we've had a 100% success rate with Argentinian players. Tevez, Zaba, MDM, Aguero. commitmed, dogged, and tough. If he follows suit, then this will be a great signing.

To be fair, we've had a 100% success rate with Argentinian players. Tevez, Zaba, MDM, Aguero. commitmed, dogged, and tough. If he follows suit, then this will be a great signing.
Whilst Willy hasn't flopped *cough* I wouldn't say he's been a 100% success story tbf but the Argies have been very good to us.

Vuoso, arguably, aside as well.

Not complaining about this transfer but i still don't get where he fits in. Mangala and Vinny are the two starters with an excellent veteran and youth player waiting in the wings, it's a perfect balance. Bringing another guy in that's going to expect to be a starter just doesn't make much sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.