Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we're staying with the mighty Gary Cahill! Yayy
cahill_1676893a.jpg

We're in 4 cup competitions.
Rotation will be key to avoid injuries.
Can't see the problem.
Surely its better to have a consistant back four though?
You could see the improvement in our defence towards the end of last season when pellegrini stuck with the same back five every game .

Not complaining about this transfer but i still don't get where he fits in. Mangala and Vinny are the two starters with an excellent veteran and youth player waiting in the wings, it's a perfect balance. Bringing another guy in that's going to expect to be a starter just doesn't make much sense to me.

I think we are very solid at this position but I like the way in this transfer window we have always kept one eye open if an opportunity comes our way to improve the team. That opportunity opened up when Valencia were having problems paying us the money they owe. I'm sure Otamendi wasnt at the top of our shopping list when window opened but you got to love the way we jumped on the chance and stopped the rags from improving all at the same time....You can never have enough talent and this guy is one of the best......think its a great move! De Bruyne will be the icing on the cake for me!;)

Just wondering, as I don't fully understand FFP, is there ANY repercussion to our summer spending? We've obviously bought Sterling, Roberts, Delph and we're apparently due to sign Otamendi and maybe KDB. If (not sure of figures) we don't break even this season and IF our wage bill has increased (not sure due to loans and sales etc), will there be any repercussions or punishments? I heard Inter and Mancini sold Kovacic because of FFP so I was just wondering that if our sanctions have been lifted, what happens if we break it this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.