Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a Blue since 1981 season ticket holder quite a few seasons. Now live away with a young family so can't go as often as I like. Teenage years were awful to be a Blue as it coincided with them cunts good period. I forgot about Marc's shirt number ( it is early ) does this make me a rag or new money Blue? Why do people go straight for the jugular on here ffs.Not one person on here knows everything about our beloved City.

Thank God for a bit of level-headed common sense! I love to bore everyone by telling them that the first City match I was taken to was at OT when City hammered the rags 5-0...in 1956! What i never tell them is that I've never passed an exam to show I possess sufficient mastery of City's history (though I love reading about it and watching it on DVD!!) and I've certainly never been asked to have my opinions vetted to ensure they're sufficiently virulently anti-rag. I'm actually pretty sure that our stadium will one day boast a crowd to surpass Maine Road's record, simply because our club just invites people to come along and watch the team, in the sure and certain knowledge that they'll come back - wearing the shirt and scarf and singing from fans' song sheet.

It seems that Otamendi wants to come and I think we want him, but, if his remarks about United are reported accurately, he doesn't seem to want to drive anyone away because their knowledge of 'istry and tradition is a bit vague.

I wasn't offended and have been a blue some 50 odd years.
I just realised it was one of those things the lad didn't know about us.
Cut some slack heh :-)
As other people have referenced it wasn't the initial mistake that rattled my cage so to speak ... It was his reaction coming back to The thread and being an arrogant self important degenerate

He also said 'the deal is nailed on' so not just the shirts. I recall Alan Shearer having his Rag shirts printed 20 years or so ago so you are right that alone means nothing.

Respect your info. No attack on you, could just see people getting excited. The only time we know things are done are when it's all on the website, that's the reality of it.

I know preparations have been made internally for KDB's arrival and that is obviously still on a knife edge. The club likes to be organised in the event of something happening but that in itself is no guarantee.

I think you'll find most are welcoming of new fans..myself included

When I get into anything outside of football I research it thoroughly

Find out about it

Surely if you're going to support a club you'd look at significant events in its history..at the very least

This is not a balloon scoring a goal here

Or Dibble getting the ball headed out of his hands

This is a player dying and his number being retired

There's not one person young or old who I know that's a City fan that doesn't know the significance of that number

I just think if you're going to post on a forum full of reasonably knowledgeable and long standing fans

You should at least have a working knowledge of the football club

I don't think that's unreasonable

Fixed the goalkeeping error for you mate.. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.