Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kind of explains why Lopes is stalling in signing a new deal. Maybe he is changing agent.

I'm surprised more premier league teams haven't been reported to be interested tbh

I imagine it's down to his lack of aerial prowess. He might possibly need introducing gradually in the cb position in the Premier League, rather than throwing straight in & nobody is interested in doing it as they have nothing to gain. Only City have anything to gain.

In Spain, I recon he could go straight in, but then he still has to learn the Premier League when/if he comes back.

Exactly this. People also forget how much Otamendi will be able to perform with Mangala. Keep Demi for the final 12 months, properly road-tested on the left-side of the pairing, and Otamendi ready for us as and when.

I agree....in my opinion....Otamendi also makes us better in europe and is experienced and ready to step in when needed and showed last year he can do a man-mark job on messi!;) which we might need again in CL this year! This makes us better and stops other CL teams getting a world class defender in the process.....I'm sure we just felt it was an opportunity to good to miss.....

If we were to arrange a deal with Valencia for them to take Denayer on loan for 1 or 2 seasons, with the condition that if he's fit, he play, then we should bite their hands off.

As much as I'd love him to stay and fight, lets be realistic, a centre half rarely plays week in-week out for a top top club until they're 23/24. The next two seasons are all about development for JD, and as we've seen in the first two games, he's not getting in ahead of VK or EM any time soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if MDM is still ahead of him in the pecking order.

We have him tied down for 5 years, so bring him back in a couple of seasons when he is old enough, good enough, confident and experienced enough to really steak a claim.

If he stays, I'll still have massive hopes for him, but barre some serious injuries I can't see him getting many games at all - and that's even without Otamendi signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.