Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The usual naysayers are out.

Just purely from a footballing perspective I don't see anything negative in this transfer. For those who think that this will effect Mangalas confidence, you need to give your head a wobble. And if quim does think that way then he doesn't have the mental fortitude to play at this club and should go and wipe his fanny.

Think Vinny's the one who's got more to be worried about. EM and NO have already played together to good effect so will have some understanding of each other's games. I also think that it's probably more likely to be Vinny's injury record rather than Mangala's form/ability which has pushed us to move for a centre half. Not sure that Vinny can play three times a week week in and week out.

Yeah, a real strange signing this one. Perhaps we thought it was an opportunity too good to miss. Welcome Nicolas, I hope anyway.

I feel the lack of news/progress with the Pogba and De Bruyne transfers has led many posters to become desperate for any new signing.

We didn't need a new centre back, this signing just hinders the development of Mangala and Denayer.
Worst than that, I got the feeling, that we were losing the battle for KDB and Pogba, and thats the reason we were now in for Otamendi...

Since, Ota was not a priority, as KDB has to be... or?

Brilliant price. Brilliant deal.

I never even realised the need for a new centre half but thinking about it now it is just what is needed. Demichellis will retire next summer and Kompany, Mangala and Denayer wouldn't have been enough. A window of opportunity has presented itself to sign a world class, 27 year old, where the selling club are desperate to do business with us specifically due to the Negredo deal.

Chuffed to bits, if we add De Bruyne this is our best ever window in my opinion.

Didn't see it coming but did suggest couple weeks ago he was coming to us after Pellegrini spoke directly with him at Copa America training camp and United were briefing off record they didn't want him.

Mendes isn't even his agent. He's been brought in by his actual agent because he couldn't get the job done.
Cheers Tolm.Any further joy with our man from Belgium or still dragging ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.