Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready for the Pep formation next year;

Hart

Kompany Otamendi Mangala

Zabaleta

Silva De Bruyne Sterling Nasri

Agüero

And you think this is why the club have gone for him, because a few members of the transfer forum on here have been flapping?
No, I think that's why so many posters are so happy with the signing.

The only reason I can think of for the club to do this, is that they're worried that this will be Demi's last season, so we'll probably need to sign another centre back next summer and they're worried there'll be no-one as good as Otamendi available. However, unless they think Kompany is on the decline, we're going to have at least 3, if not 4 top class centre backs in a couple of years time and I can't see how you can keep them all happy.

Let's assume that players come here to win things. Surely they have more chance of winning things on 4 fronts and over 60 games a season if we have a strong squad?
I think this signing is much more important than de Bruyne. Scoring hasn't been our problem. Conceding and switching off against lower sides has.

Great signing if it comes off.

I don't see how anyone can be negative about signing one of the best CBs in the world who is approaching his peak years.

The opportunity has presented itself and we took it.

Look at it another way, next season we would need to replace Demi and Otamendi would be playing for another team.

When Everton are demanding more than £30 million for Stones there is no way we would have got as good a deal.

Let's assume that players come here to win things. Surely they have more chance of winning things on 4 fronts and over 60 games a season if we have a strong squad?
I think this signing is much more important than de Bruyne. Scoring hasn't been our problem. Conceding and switching off against lower sides has.
Spot on, last season proved that our defence was shocking

Couldn`t resist it mate. ;)

Lol seriously though if we get him we'll end up having 5 centre backs, five. I read on twitter too that mangala ain't gonna be part of the deal.

Plus demichelis signed a one year deal last season and denayer recently signed a new deal too and eventually he's gonna want to start playing a couple of games. We need to strengthen our full back positions more than anything, however so far they've done well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.