Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think that's why so many posters are so happy with the signing.

The only reason I can think of for the club to do this, is that they're worried that this will be Demi's last season, so we'll probably need to sign another centre back next summer and they're worried there'll be no-one as good as Otamendi available. However, unless they think Kompany is on the decline, we're going to have at least 3, if not 4 top class centre backs in a couple of years time and I can't see how you can keep them all happy.
This is demi's last season...

Lol seriously though if we get him we'll end up having 5 centre backs, five. I read on twitter too that mangala ain't gonna be part of the deal.

Plus demichelis signed a one year deal last season and denayer recently signed a new deal too and eventually he's gonna want to start playing a couple of games. We need to strengthen our full back positions more than anything, however so far they've done well
I must admit I`m shocked we`ve got the lad but as I keep saying I`d be gutted if I was Denayer.Really hope he gets loaned out to a PL Club,

He isn't. Porto fans seemed to rate Otamendi higher than Mangala during their time together.

Based on his time for City last year we were all a little bemused why we persisted playing him, he seemed out of his depth and caused uncertainty in defence despite his high purchase fee.

Hopefully that is now behind him but I wonder if a better attitude from all the players has helped this season partly fueled no doubt by adverse media comments together with competition for places ?.

Didn't see it coming but did suggest couple weeks ago he was coming to us after Pellegrini spoke directly with him at Copa America training camp and United were briefing off record they didn't want him.

Mendes isn't even his agent. He's been brought in by his actual agent because he couldn't get the job done.
Na, to be more accurate: Otamendis agent, Eugenio Lopez, work also as an agent for the Mendes brand. So, Mendes is not directly his agent, but represent him.

Great signing, anyway, cheers mate!

This is demi's last season...
Funny, because people said that last year too.

And even if it is, I would have preferred us to sign another seasoned pro who would accept less playing time next summer, than sign someone who hinders Mangala and Denayer's progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.