Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d definitely call it ruthless if we’ve convinced Denayer to sign a new 5 year deal on the premise of him getting first team game time, to only a month later make a signing that virtually guarantees he won’t get a sniff of Premier League football.

It’s not just that we might lose Denayer either, it’s the message it sends to the rest of the EDS lads or other young talents we look to bring to the club.

I would be astounded if we told Denayer he would definitely be getting a lot of first team football this season, and certainly we wouldn't have done so just to dupe him into signing a long term contract. I strongly suspect we told him, for this upcoming season, we'd either give him a decent amount of first team football, or else we'd loan him out to a team in one of the top divisions (i.e. not Scotland) to get some top quality first team experience. Somewhere like La Liga, or Seria A, or the Bundesliga, or maybe even the Premier League, for a lower half team. We'll have known that Demichelis has got, at most, one more season here before we allow him to move on, and Denayer will have known that too. He'll be a far better player for an additional 12 months experience in a decent quality side. People are forgetting, he's only just turned 20, he's got a lot of room to improve, but he needs to do so if he's going to be a regular future starter for City.

This guy is fucking fantastic!! He is a beast! Best defender in Spain best defender in the South American cup! 6 man fe the match awards and 5 goals, top heading goals. He is fast as well, for me he is right up there with Kompany. Sky sports are saying he will sign a 5 year deal. He can play right back as well.

If LVG wanted Otamendi, he would be here IMO. Its too bad, once Pedro gets here we are only one solid CB away from making a serious run at the EPL and Champs league.

A classic from the caf. PMSL.

I would be astounded if we told Denayer he would definitely be getting a lot of first team football this season, and certainly we wouldn't have done so just to dupe him into signing a long term contract. I strongly suspect we told him, for this upcoming season, we'd either give him a decent amount of first team football, or else we'd loan him out to a team in one of the top divisions (i.e. not Scotland) to get some top quality first team experience. Somewhere like La Liga, or Seria A, or the Bundesliga, or maybe even the Premier League, for a lower half team. We'll have known that Demichelis has got, at most, one more season here before we allow him to move on, and Denayer will have known that too. He'll be a far better player for an additional 12 months experience in a decent quality side. People are forgetting, he's only just turned 20, he's got a lot of room to improve, but he needs to do so if he's going to be a regular future starter for City.

His agent has said they were told we'd be making no more CB signings of this calibre. They are clearly unhappy.

Imo Denayer cannot yet be relied upon to be a regular cb in City's team, but he is a top footballer, better on the ball imo than any of our cbs & also imo he will quickly be better than these guys as a 1v1 defender. He is a fucking mightmare to get past. Sagna played a blinder v Chelsea but imo Denayer could piss that rightback job, no problem at all, or Fernando's job sitting in midfield & if we played 3 at the back he would be better at it than any of these fuckers.
No way would he be sent out of the club before this age of money. He would get in the team regularly in some position. Or Utd's.

That should happen now. Fuck somebody else off, not Jason. Play him.
would be gutted if he went out on loan
Such a class player to watch

Presuming he does sign, Argentina play in Bolivia and Mexico in early September, so with all the traveling it's hard to envisage him coming into contention until, say, October.

Any reason why tomorrow if medical this afternoon? surely formalities will be sorted and around 9/10 tonight as per Sterling and Delph?

I've been told medical and interviews will be done tomorrow, presume the announcement will be late tomorrow afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.