Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did a full pre season with Valencia so he should be fit. He doesn't have an EU passport but a work permit will be a formality since he's featured in the WC and Copa in the last 15 months.
You watched a different WC. He didn't make the 23 man Squad.

Funny how a potential defender signing doesn't get the posts flowing, isn't it?. Think this could be our best signing this summer.

No doubt otamendi is a good defender and being argentinian i believe he will adapt easily to the premier league , and will be a great addition to the squad but this signing only proves 100% that MP will never give any of our youth players a chance. Denayer must be disillusioned , he has had a superb pre season , his agent was allegedly promised there would be no more centre back signings and yet we have a 30m experienced international centre back on the verge of signing . VK is showing signs of a return to form , Mangala is improving with every game , MDM was our best defender last year , and Denayer has shown real promise , so i think the Otamendi signing is overkill , MP and any future manager will be paid on results and the pressure to win trophies will mean our club will not develop players for our own 1st team , the likes of angelino,barker,iheancho,denayer,byrne,horsfield etc etc will probably forge decent careers similiar to Trippier and Ben Mee , so at least our academy will pay for itself in transfer fees , loans and sell-on deals.
This is more an observation than a critcism of our club , we cant have it both ways , watching some of the best players in the world week in , week out and winning trophies does not go hand in hand with youth development in the modern game , i can hark back to the White,Lake,Brightwell,Hinchcliffe,Moulden era , and the pride we had in our home grown lads , but we won nowt.

Along with Fernando and Mangala, we seem to have some kind of obsession with the Porto team that City trounced in 2012. Otamendi was the big dirty twat who should have been sent off in the First Leg. I like him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.