Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what many have said on here....CB isn't a big need and the position looks solid heading into the season! With Denayer stepping up into the 1st team, I think we look stronger at this position than last year. If we do sign Otamendi, I think its just a case of a player we rate highly, becoming available and we feel its an opportunity to further improve the team, that we didn't want to miss....
I think he'd be an improvement on Martin,certainly medium to long term........i'm not sure Martin would be in agreement though.

The next wave of centre half replacements would then hopefully arrive from the academy.

I think he'd be an improvement on Martin,certainly medium to long term........i'm not sure Martin would be in agreement though.

The next wave of centre half replacements would then hopefully arrive from the academy.

They have already arrived! Denayer is already a full belgium international. He's our new CB signing.

As it is now I can't see why we would bid for Otamendi.
If the management think either one of Demichelis, Mangala or maybe even Kompany is to be sold, or Denayer is to be loaned again, I can see sense in getting Otamendi in.
Doubt it'll be Kompany. Demichelis has been our best defender over the last 18 months and I hope he will get a place in the managementteam at City, but there have been rumours he wants to do a few years in the MLS. There are also (a few) rumours about Mangala who the management see as a mistake.

Another scenario could be that Denayer goes out on loan again, probably for a year, so that Demichelis can finish his contract. Denayer would come back to take Demichelis his place. And by that time Otamendi has settled in for a year to leave us with 4 CB's in Kompany, Mangala, Denayer and Otamendi.

I think LB is definitely more of a priority than another CB clichy and kolarov ageing and getting worse.

There are also (a few) rumours about Mangala who the management see as a mistake.

Strange you say that I have actually heard the opposite and the data that they have received from games he was one of the best performing defenders last year. It seems that the management are more than happy with him and see him as forming a long term partnership with Denayer.

If the management think either one of Demichelis, Mangala or maybe even Kompany is to be sold, or Denayer is to be loaned again, I can see sense in getting Otamendi in.
Doubt it'll be Kompany. Demichelis has been our best defender over the last 18 months and I hope he will get a place in the managementteam at City, but there have been rumours he wants to do a few years in the MLS. There are also (a few) rumours about Mangala who the management see as a mistake.

Another scenario could be that Denayer goes out on loan again, probably for a year, so that Demichelis can finish his contract. Denayer would come back to take Demichelis his place. And by that time Otamendi has settled in for a year to leave us with 4 CB's in Kompany, Mangala, Denayer and Otamendi.

Denayer cant go on loan because he is u21 and if we buy De Bruyne and Pogba no more places for foreign players.

Because he's probably better than any CB we currently have (unless VK regains form). We have Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure and Delph for CM but we're still looking at Pogba. We have Silva, Nasri, Navas and Silva as AM players but we're still looking at KDB. When better players come along that can offer longer term solutions than the players we currently have, then we'll likely have some interest.

In this case though the speculation seems more like a club trying to drive the price up.

We have major problems in defence. End of.

Our midfield & attack (assuming the recruiting of De Bruyne & Pogba) can trouble any defence in world football, but our defence is so weak that - out of 8 players (1st choices & back-ups) we have 2 (Kompany & Zabaleta) - we have just two that are reliable.

We'll be involved in a lot of gun-fights next year (especially as I expect all PL teams to perform well in the CL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.