Other fans perceptions of us.

Do you remember how (rightfully) angry this forum was about Sterling getting that song directed at him in 2016?
Fucking hell, it’s a game of football and two players from our biggest rivals missed so we’ll sing about it.Big deal. People take everything far too seriously these days. Like for example the police branding graffiti on a wall racist and launching an investigation into some dickhead spray painting on a wall over football in a working class area. Despite the fact it clearly wasn’t racist and which they belatedly had to admit after many questions over such a waste of police time.

Sums up the current culture where people want to be offended by everything. Racism is obviously absolutely vile but singing about utd players missing penalties is just football.

Fucking hell, it’s a game of football and two players from our biggest rivals missed so we’ll sing about it.Big deal. People take everything far too seriously these days. Like for example the police branding graffiti on a wall racist and launching an investigation into some dickhead spray painting on a wall over football in a working class area. Despite the fact it clearly wasn’t racist and which they belatedly had to admit after many questions over such a waste of police time.

Sums up the current culture where people want to be offended by everything. Racism is obviously absolutely vile but singing about utd players missing penalties is just football.

As you said, racism is vile and as everyone knows, those 3 young players were racially abused en masse following the game.

We all saw up close the abuse Sterling got after Euro 2016 with the same song and how that weekly abuse eventually turned into several cases of racial abuse and then a physical assault. It turns out when a stadium full of people all join together to abuse someone, the racists in that group feel emboldened to take it further.

So I personally don't understand why you'd want to be on the same side as the racists and abuse them, the hypocrisy of being outraged about it 5 years ago adds to that.

Brentford and Spurs fans managed to not sing abuse about Saka.

Maybe that's a bit of "football banter" we can skip. It's not like there's a shortage of things to take the piss out of United for as they enter their 5th season without a trophy and we look to finish above them for the 9th season in a row.

Like for example the police branding graffiti on a wall racist

Also this never happened.

As you said, racism is vile and as everyone knows, those 3 young players were racially abused en masse following the game.

We all saw up close the abuse Sterling got after Euro 2016 with the same song and how that weekly abuse eventually turned into several cases of racial abuse and then a physical assault. It turns out when a stadium full of people all join together to abuse someone, the racists in that group feel emboldened to take it further.

So I personally don't understand why you'd want to be on the same side as the racists and abuse them, the hypocrisy of being outraged about it 5 years ago adds to that.

Brentford and Spurs fans managed to not sing abuse about Saka.

Maybe that's a bit of "football banter" we can skip. It's not like there's a shortage of things to take the piss out of United for as they enter their 5th season without a trophy and we look to finish above them for the 9th season in a row.

Also this never happened.
It definitely did happen.

Im not on the same side as twats like that I just don’t have a problem with rival fans singing about players who missed pens for England. The fact they’re black should have nothing to do with it. Obviously you’re right racist arseholes will enjoy it but fuck those idiots.

Im not on the same side as twats like that I just don’t have a problem with rival fans singing about players who missed pens for England. The fact they’re black should have nothing to do with it. Obviously you’re right racist arseholes will enjoy it but fuck those idiots.

Like for example the police branding graffiti on a wall racist

It didn't happen. The police immediately said it wasn't racist.

So don't try and tell me up is down, and don't lecture us about how "people want to be offended by everything" when you've invented something to be offended by.

So don't try and tell me up is down.
I’ve read emails between GMP and a journalist asking why they were not making it clear it wasn’t racist. How long do you think it took them to read the bloody shite that was sprayed on the wall? False outrage is what people love so no doubt it will happen over songs about missed pens in the coming weeks.

Such a shame because if anything it undermines the shocking issue of racism still taking place in this day and age and the media have a lot to answer for in all this.

So don't try and tell me up is down, and don't lecture us about how "people want to be offended by everything" when you've invented something to be offended by.
The match was on 11th July. The graffiti was portrayed as racist from 12th until police clarification on 16th.

I’ve read emails between GMP and a journalist asking why they were not making it clear it wasn’t racist. How long do you think it took them to read the bloody shite that was sprayed on the wall? False outrage is what people love so no doubt it will happen over songs about missed pens in the coming weeks.

Such a shame because if anything it undermines the shocking issue of racism still taking place in this day and age and the media have a lot to answer for in all this.

I don't really care if you've read some emails when the GMP made a public statement contradicting your false narrative.

The match was on 11th July. The graffiti was portrayed as racist from 12th until police clarification on 16th.

@Craig claimed the Police "branded it racist".

That is not true. It is a lie. It is false. It didn't happen.

It doesn't matter how hard you try to make it true, how much you want to believe it's true, it simply isn't.

We don’t help ourselves by singing/chanting about 2 English players letting the country down!
How many penalties have our players missed over the last couple of years?
Compare it to the reception one got at the Brentford v Arsenal match!

FFS our lot haven't copied the Leeds chant have they? Stay classy and leave that to the Yorkshiremen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.